Value of: Arturs Silovs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Reactions: M2Beezy

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
How is that interesting.
How is it not?

You have Bedard, L Hughes, S Wright, Cooley, Fantilli, Jiricek, Knies, Nemec, Clarke and Pelletier.

The only two goalies mentioned are Levi in the top 20 and Silovs outside of it as an honourable mention. Between the two only Levi has the so called "established pedigree" of playing for an up and coming team while Silovs will be playing for Vancouver and behind Demko

For the current crop of potentials, seeing a relatively unknown goalie in the mention for Calder potential is interesting from a purely hockey/fantasy standpoint. If you don't see it as such that's fine. For myself it's interesting to see so don't yuck my yums :p

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
More value to Canucks at this point than in a trade. He’s still a huge unknown at this time

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think at this stage he would be worth a 4th round pick.

He has huge upside and showed a lot of potential, but certainly wouldn't get much of a return.

Canucks need to work him through the system with Ian Clark, and hope that he is ready to take over from Demko in a few years.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How is it not?

You have Bedard, L Hughes, S Wright, Cooley, Fantilli, Jiricek, Knies, Nemec, Clarke and Pelletier.

The only two goalies mentioned are Levi in the top 20 and Silovs outside of it as an honourable mention. Between the two only Levi has the so called "established pedigree" of playing for an up and coming team while Silovs will be playing for Vancouver and behind Demko

For the current crop of potentials, seeing a relatively unknown goalie in the mention for Calder potential is interesting from a purely hockey/fantasy standpoint. If you don't see it as such that's fine. For myself it's interesting to see so don't yuck my yums :p
Not true. Must not be that interesting if you didn't even read the full article.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Bond

May 10, 2012
Not true. Must not be that interesting if you didn't even read the full article.
Lol I can see skipping over Wolf if they skipped down to the bottom but there are two or three other goalies in the honourable mention section

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
I guess being a dink just comes naturally to some people
I mean, some people are just born to it

You talking about Askarov? Wolf? Maybe Hofer? Woll?

Only 2 of the aforementioned goaltenders have a potential path towards a Calder nomination based on their teams. That essentially being Silovs and Levi and based solely on their team make up and their potentials to become starters.

But then, what does it matter. you're here looking for attention and I'd rather pet a syphilitic cat with mange than feed in to your incessant trolling and need for attention because for some reason you feel the need to want to turn everything in to an argument ala Jedi.

That aint me mate, sorry. This, is just; not that interesting to me.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hugely underrated prospect who should probably be the #5 goalie prospect in the NHL right now behind the Wolf/Levi/Wallstedt/Askarov group. Was absolutely dominant in the 2nd half of the AHL season and at the World Championships.

His value should be pretty high ... but Vancouver would have no interest in moving him.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Goalie who led Latvian team to bronze medals in 2023 IIHF World Championship.
200w.webp

Bond

May 10, 2012

Only 2 of the aforementioned goaltenders have a potential path towards a Calder nomination based on their teams. That essentially being Silovs and Levi and based solely on their team make up and their potentials to become starters.

But then, what does it matter. you're here looking for attention and I'd rather pet a syphilitic cat with mange than feed in to your incessant trolling and need for attention because for some reason you feel the need to want to turn everything in to an argument ala Jedi.

That aint me mate, sorry. This, is just; not that interesting to me.
Wolf has a better chance of taking over the net in Calgary than Silvos does in Van.

Reactions: Warh1ppy

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Wolf has a better chance of taking over the net in Calgary than Silvos does in Van.
Agreed in that it's unlikely Silovs takes over the starting position. The article I read had the road to starting laid out with the suggestion that it's another year in which Demko couldn't stay healthy.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol I can see skipping over Wolf if they skipped down to the bottom but there are two or three other goalies in the honourable mention section
Yeah just not even close to what the guy claimed lol.

First you said only 2 goalies were even mentioned in the article. I counted 8, including 4 mentioned before Silovs.

Now you're just moving the goal posts because you were flat out wrong the first time around.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah just not even close to what the guy claimed lol.

First you said only 2 goalies were even mentioned in the article. I counted 8, including 4 mentioned before Silovs.

Now you're just moving the goal posts because you were flat out wrong the first time around.
I...don't care to continue with ya champ. There is a total of 6 total goaltenders within the top 20 and honourable mentions on almost every fantasy site that are in the potential running for the calder as of this moment in time or are deemed rookies of interest.

I really don't care to give ya any more attention. if you want atention get a puppy.

1694129041923.png

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I...don't care to continue with ya champ. There is a total of 6 total goaltenders within the top 20 and honourable mentions on almost every fantasy site that are in the potential running for the calder as of this moment in time or are deemed rookies of interest.

Now you're moving the goal posts even further! First it was just the one list you linked now its all these other imaginary fantasy sites.

I'd stop commenting if I were you as well, yikes.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Hes shown well in extremely limited NHL action so far. But considering even established goalies seldom return much in trades I doubt he's worth much on the trade market. Canucks are smart to keep him and continue developing him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad