Around the NHL: Training Camps and Pre-Season Games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
FB_IMG_1727398439182.jpg

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Honestly, it looks like the guy set his feet to be ready to move in either direction. It doesn't really look like he stuck his leg out to get Laine.

:huh:

EDIT: Okay, he sort of launches up at Laine to hit him as he goes by. His leg moves a bit but its (at least to me) not a blatant attempt to take out his leg.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Honestly, it looks like the guy set his feet to be ready to move in either direction. It doesn't really look like he stuck his leg out to get Laine.

EDIT: Okay, he sort of launches up at Laine to hit him as he goes by. His leg moves a bit but its (at least to me) not a blatant attempt to take out his leg.

I see him shift up because Laine is going to slip past him and that puts his leading knee out in front which gets Laine. It's somewhere between greasy and unfortunate.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Unfortunate circumstances for Laine. I don’t think it’s too much of a dirty hit, but in real time, I can understand why others may believe it was. Just crappy luck for Laine.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

I think he sticks out his leg in an effort to obstruct Laine and make some sort of contact to slow him down, not injure him. Still reckless though.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
I think he sticks out his leg in an effort to obstruct Laine and make some sort of contact to slow him down, not injure him. Still reckless though.
It's this. Sticking your leg/knee out to slow someone down is the definition of kneeing. Intentional or not, it's a no go if your legs are nearly extended out as far as they can, which this guy has in this scenario. You get him with your shoulders, or you let him go and stick check. This guy is a f***ing moron, and he refused to answer the bell and Xhekaj came calling. Not only is he a f***ing coward, the next time the leafs and Habs meet in the regular season, I guarantee you there will be a response and this f***ing ahl nobody loser will be the reason any leaf gets hurt. All because he can't just drop them for his bullshit "hit"

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
It's this. Sticking your leg/knee out to slow someone down is the definition of kneeing. Intentional or not, it's a no go if your legs are nearly extended out as far as they can, which this guy has in this scenario. You get him with your shoulders, or you let him go and stick check. This guy is a f***ing moron, and he refused to answer the bell and Xhekaj came calling. Not only is he a f***ing coward, the next time the leafs and Habs meet in the regular season, I guarantee you there will be a response and this f***ing ahl nobody loser will be the reason any leaf gets hurt. All because he can't just drop them for his bullshit "hit"
I don't see anything intentional in that hit. The vast majority of knee on knee are, in my view, an instinctual movement when one player is going to fly past another. There is no logic to purposefully exposing your own knee to injury, and to intentionally putting another player at risk of injury, and in taking a penalty as these are almost always called. It is similar to the rare instances where you see a trip in football. You have been beaten, and technique and logic are out the window, and raw instinct takes over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad