Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I'm a big Montreal fan today. The Devils are second to last in the conference. Almost no chance they turn this around and make the playoffs.

tenor.gif

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Did anyone read this?
Is Henrik Lundqvist the greatest goalie of his generation? - TheHockeyNews

Someone help me follow this please.
1. Is Henrik the greatest of his generation?
2. Maybe, but he's still missing that elusive cup.
3. Therefore, Carey Price is probably his greatest competition.

Boggles the mind.

The Athletics had a team of a decade article and Hank was the starting goalie. Good analysis too noting unmatched consistency (that we knew) and also suggesting if the current set of advance stats for goalies were available earlier Lundqvist should have earned a couple of more Vezina’s . His goals saved over expected is something like 211 while there’s not another single goalie with over 100! This is unbelievable!

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The skilled guy who didn’t put up points still isn’t putting up points, strange :huh:

Never saw 'it' with him or Vilardi, whom people gushed over as well and look at him too. He's (CM) on a much further along team (progression wise/tools he has to maximize his potential) than LA has ever had. I'm still taking Lias long term on that one. It's all about patience, but you can clearly see CM has been put in a much better position to succeed ala Brett Howden.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Devils drafting is shit and I fully expect them to make a run but ultimately fall short. I doubt they get another top5 pick. Not to mention even if they did land another very good prospect, Hall is going to walk, Subban and Simmonds look like terrible acquisitions, and the Rangers are already slated to be better than them for the next decade regardless. I ain't scurred.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
So there's not going to be a parade in the Nassau Coliseum parking lot afterall? hmmm...go figure...lol
Plus they are only 3 points[give or take...games in hand] away from being Wildcard club ....the race is really tight in the Metro. Then the tough Dec-Jan games on the way and some eventual injuries too...it might just be the best entertainment we view all year....my bro is an Islander fan....I can't wait for the free fall .

Reactions: Maximus

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Apparently the Kings' goal horn is the same as in the island, when it should be a medieval trumpet

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
I'm a big Montreal fan today. The Devils are second to last in the conference. Almost no chance they turn this around and make the playoffs.

tenor.gif
It's a beautiful thing that we're in pretty much the same stage of a rebuild as them and we look so much more promising. That being said the last thing we want is another Devils lottery pick, shite drafting aside. It seems like they never really recovered from the Parise/Kovalchuck kick to the nuts.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's a beautiful thing that we're in pretty much the same stage of a rebuild as them and we look so much more promising. That being said the last thing we want is another Devils lottery pick, ****e drafting aside. It seems like they never really recovered from the Parise/Kovalchuck kick to the nuts.
I'd argue that the Devils never actually did a rebuild to begin with. They picked up a few 2nds at the 2019 TDL. Prior to that, they were giving us a 2nd for Grabner. We traded Stepan, Raanta, Miller, McDonagh, Hayes, Grabner, Zuccarello, Nash, Holden, McQuaid...practically an entire team (in addition to all the management changes.) The Devils traded Johansson, Kinkaid, Lovejoy, and Boyle. I mean likely the only reason they were even selling at the TDL was because Hall was injured.

Picking up several mid-range draft picks and stumbling into two lottery-wins is not a rebuild in my book.

Last edited:

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
I'd argue that the Devils never actually did a rebuild to begin with. They picked up a few 2nds at their 2019 TDL. Prior to that, they were giving us a 2nd for Grabner. We traded Stepan, Raanta, Miller, McDonagh, Hayes, Grabner, Zuccarello, Nash, Holden, McQuaid...practically an entire team (in addition to all the management changes.) The Devils traded Johansson, Kinkaid, Lovejoy, and Boyle. I mean likely the only reason they were even selling at the TDL was because Hall was injured.

Picking up several mid-range draft picks and stumbling into two lottery-wins is not a rebuild in my book.
Yeah true different circumstances but similar trajectories. But both teams are near the bottom of the standings at the moment. We've been skirting each other in the standings for years more or less. Remember both teams were contending around the same time.

So yeah the Rangers rebuild is deliberate and something we as fans can stand behind. The Devils' dance with mediocrity has been fun to watch in its own way. More comedy than strategy.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Problem is our LD situation is dire.
haha I hear you. If our LD prospects don't pan out you have a point. It would have been nice to see what we have in Rykov if he wasn't hurt all season.

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
haha I hear you. If our LD prospects don't pan out you have a point. It would have been nice to see what we have in Rykov if he wasn't hurt all season.
True. By next season we should know who will be Skjei's eventual replacement.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I just started listening to hockey podcasts... I know about Spittin Chiclets, and I just discovered the Cam & Strick podcast (Cam Jansen & Andy Strickland)... Which other hockey podcasts available on Youtube should I check out?

Don LaGreca's hockey podcast (Game Misconduct) He talks about the Rangers a lot more than most Hockey media outlets, and I just always like listening to Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad