OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
No, your aim was to put me down because I'm disagreeing with you and you're not man enough to consider a different viewpoint. You've never handled contrasting arguments well over these 7 years, outside of talking to people you respect and are afraid to rock the boat with, like Peat or w/e.
The difference in 2024 is you have a shorter fuse before you lash out with personal attacks, like Pixies. You used to keep it civil for longer before you broke, so at least some value was squeezed out of the conversation before it went to shit like this one.

Anyways, I tried. If there's not gonna be any respect then it's pointless.
Gee wilikers touch some grass and take a breather Aurora! He just said you sound like a legalist, not that he was gonna plow yer mum.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
What a weirdo. :laugh:

Anyway, Barkov's f***ing awesome. Love that guy. Doesn't have the gaudy offensive numbers for a shot at the Conn Smythe but he's so unbelievably good and important for Florida.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Gee wilikers touch some grass and take a breather Aurora! He just said you sound like a legalist, not that he was gonna plow yer mum.
Nope. Peat never got fed that tone, even when they were in disagreement on something for pages and pages.
The difference is the respect level and relationship. We don't have a good history, but I'm making an effort to be neutral and keep it strictly hockey.
Too much bad blood though. It's probably not possible anymore.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Minus a total collapse, I think the Conn Smythe is Bobrovsky's to lose.

Definetly. Great stats over the whole finals and in the Cup Finals they are amazing.
Edmonton has torched every other goalie in the playoffs.

Goalies Vs Edmonton - 2024 playoffs
IMG_9770.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Shady Machine

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What a weirdo. :laugh:

Anyway, Barkov's f***ing awesome. Love that guy. Doesn't have the gaudy offensive numbers for a shot at the Conn Smythe but he's so unbelievably good and important for Florida.
If Barkov has a monster Game 4 to wrap up the series, he could still win it. Especially with the narrative of him shutting down every offensive stud he's faced on this run to go along with his point per game offense (similar to Ryan O'Reilly winning the CS for the Blues).

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Wow, this was a crazy discussion over basically nothing more than a invented, ceremonial award. Terms have been bandied about like "written rules" and "equal weighting of playoff rounds" as if they're fact and not just opinions.

Here's a simple, two-step test to quickly ferret out a subjective analysis:

1. Is the conclusion derived by objective analysis of data within specifically-defined metrics?
2. Is the conclusion the result of human voting?

If the answer isn't yes/no, then we have nothing more than opinion which can be argued ad infinitum.

And f*** Logan, nice guy as he may be:
SId ConnSmythe.jpg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Wow, this was a crazy discussion over basically nothing more than a invented, ceremonial award. Terms have been bandied about like "written rules" and "equal weighting of playoff rounds" as if they're fact and not just opinions.

1. Is the conclusion derived by objective analysis of data within specifically-defined metrics?

If the answer isn't yes/no, then we have nothing more than opinion which can be argued ad infinitum.

And f*** Logan, nice guy as he may be: View attachment 882660
1718361877548.png

Barkov would get more 1st place votes than him today, because he's about to win. And if Edmonton comes all the way back in this series, with Connor doing nothing whatsoever in those 4 games, Barkov will no longer win. That would be the case even if he outscored Connor 10-0 in points in those 4 games.
Can't you see how corrupt that is?

If this was simple human error and flawed opinions, then I'd be fine with that. That's not the case at all.
It's just straight up, cognizant dishonesty from the voters. The priority is the storyline, not doing justice to players' efforts.
They strip the trophy of any meaning when they do this, because they choose to ignore their own guidelines.

And yes, Sid is the benefactor of the storyline win in 2016. In 2017 it was actually earned.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

And f*** Logan, nice guy as he may be: View attachment 882660
Objectively speaking, Couture lied and said our hero, Sidney Crosby, cheated on faceoffs, so he can never win any award ever, anywhere, anytime.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No, your aim was to put me down because I'm disagreeing with you and you're not man enough to consider a different viewpoint. You've never handled contrasting arguments well over these 7 years, outside of talking to people you respect and are afraid to rock the boat with, like Peat or w/e.
The difference in 2024 is you have a shorter fuse before you lash out with personal attacks, like Pixies. You used to keep it civil for longer before you broke, so at least some value was squeezed out of the conversation before it went to shit like this one.

Anyways, I tried. If there's not gonna be any respect then it's pointless.

I genuinely do not know how to respond to this post without getting an infraction :laugh:

Good lord dude, get over yourself. My point was clearly that there’s a difference between how something is written and how something is interpreted. If that makes you spazz out and say “you’re not man enough to consider different viewpoints”, you should probably just stop posting.

If you think everyone that engages with you is biased or “can’t consider other viewpoints”, the reality is that you’re biased and can’t consider other viewpoints.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
I genuinely do not know how to respond to this post without getting an infraction :laugh:

Good lord dude, get over yourself. My point was clearly that there’s a difference between how something is written and how something is interpreted. If that makes you spazz out and say “you’re not man enough to consider different viewpoints”, you should probably just stop posting.

If you think everyone that engages with you is biased or “can’t consider other viewpoints”, the reality is that you’re biased and can’t consider other viewpoints.
So I'm supposed to trust in your good/neutral intentions now, when you talk to me here. Like I haven't gotten hate from you 1000x before over the last 7 years.
Like I haven't seen you be a spiteful little bitch to people countless times, after you get pushback on a topic.
That actually would be super refreshing and welcome, but it's such a tough sell at this point.

I've always been fine with people having different viewpoints from me. If you ever paid attention, you'd know that. All the people who disagreed with me respectfully got respect back. Andy, Peat, Tom Hanks etc... We were on good terms, and I listened and considered their arguments.
The problem only arises when people are pricks about it, which unfortunately is the majority of the time in this place. We have a very small contingent of actual mature people.
Most are overgrown children, haters, or both.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So I'm supposed to trust in your good/neutral intentions now, when you talk to me here. Like I haven't gotten hate from you 1000x before over the last 7 years.
Like I haven't seen you be a spiteful little bitch to people countless times, after you get pushback on a topic.
That actually would be super refreshing and welcome, but it's such a tough sell at this point.

I've always been fine with people having different viewpoints from me. If you ever paid attention, you'd know that. All the people who disagreed with me respectfully got respect back. Andy, Peat, Tom Hanks etc... We were on good terms, and I listened and considered their arguments.
The problem only arises when people are pricks about it, which unfortunately is the majority of the time in this place. We have a very small contingent of actual mature people.
Most are overgrown children, haters, or both.

Please log off and go get some fresh air. You desperately need it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, lazy answers like this are always the easy way out. Harder to actually consider what the person is saying.
Anyways, it's okay. I'm done. You can find the next target for your passive-aggression.

If everyone in here is saying you need to log off and get some fresh air, it's not that everyone else is "not considering what the person is saying". It's you being unhinged.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I saw this stat on instagram.

Barkov 21 points in 20 games.

12 goals from - Point, Stamkos, Kucherov, Marchand, Pasta, Zib, Panarin, Troch, Kreider, McDavid, Drai.

I know defense is a team game but damn. Dude should legit be getting Smythe hype. Don’t tell me Bobs sv % isn’t being helped by Barkov being a beast.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
So, when Florida wins, I can start making "Evan Rodrigues > Connor McDavid" shitposts, right?
No, but let's forget his best career season came in Pittsburgh. He is one that should have definitely been signed to a 2-3 year deal at around 2.5 million per if it wasn't for our terrible cap situation

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I saw this stat on instagram.

Barkov 21 points in 20 games.

12 goals from - Point, Stamkos, Kucherov, Marchand, Pasta, Zib, Panarin, Troch, Kreider, McDavid, Drai.

I know defense is a team game but damn. Dude should legit be getting Smythe hype. Don’t tell me Bobs sv % isn’t being helped by Barkov being a beast.
Impressive stats and agree that he should get some CS consideration, but I'm not sure how much, if any, Bob's SV% is incrementally being helped by Barkov's prowess versus the rest of the Cats' solid team D.

I'm glad for Bob playing so well, as much as he has sh*t the bed in the playoffs up until last year.

Reactions: eXile3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad