Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I have a feeling that the next week around the league is going to have a lot of: :huh:
I think this is going to be a really entertaining week. With the large rise in the salary cap, teams finally have some space to work with. Goaltending carrousel will continue. Some really interesting names out there in trade chatter. Some good UFAs - Panthers GM gets no breaktime/cup hangover. Grab some popcorn and settle in. Things might make more sense in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Side note: Kiiskinen had alot of the same skillset as Weisblatt (just a quick cursory glance). Perhaps the Afanaseyev move makes a little more sense now? I could be way off though

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Already one or two folks on HFCBJ are wondering if Suter should be signed up here.

I'm just, like, no. Please G-d no. That'd be like the Preds signing The Former #7. It would break me.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Utah Ice Hockey Team needs some (any) defensemen. He could maybe bilk them for some more dough.
It is crazy to me that they dont have a single signed defenseman and only 3 of who they had last season are RFA (Durzi, Moser, Valimaki). Granted... now that they are out from the mess that was Arizona, they may be able to entice some UFA talent and have a ton of capspace (over 50 million once weber goes to LTIR).

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
It is crazy to me that they dont have a single signed defenseman and only 3 of who they had last season are RFA (Durzi, Moser, Valimaki). Granted... now that they are out from the mess that was Arizona, they may be able to entice some UFA talent and have a ton of capspace (over 50 million once weber goes to LTIR).
Those are three really good RFA defenseman. Durzi will be a monster in a year or two.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
All-in-all, as lukewarm a first day of the draft as they come.

All the talk about Necas, the 4th OA, the Devils making moves - nothing.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Jeannot traded to LA for a 4th and 2nd. Way more than I thought he could get. Rob Blake is a clown

Tampa also traded Sergachev. Making room to keep Stammer I'm guessing
Lot of speculation around Guentzel too. Not sure if both could be on the table

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
What are the chances of a Theodore for Askarov deal as a base? Vegas doesn't really have futures to offer but they clearly have a need in net now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad