Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, Weber is one of the worst HOF inductions…….maybe ever?

Probably not ever. There’s worse players in there than him probably, but this is definitely worse than Guy Carbonneau. Carbonneau racked up 3 Selke’s, 3 cups. And it took Carbonneau almost 20 years of being retired before they put him in.

Weber has zero cups, two times he came in second for the Norris. That’s it. No Norris wins. He won a worthless Messier award. And he gets in on the first try?

Weber is hall of very good at best.

Actually, I’ve always said Kevin Lowe was a worse inductee than Carbonneau. He’s arguably the weakest inductee of all time. I keep forgetting he’s in. His best Norris finish was 5th. He won the Clancy.

He’s only in there because he won all those cups with the Oilers and that one with the Rangers with the 10 other former Oilers.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Certainly a guy I was interested in, but I'm curious how he progresses year-over-year. His stats were very inflated last year. Guy shot 21%. :laugh:

With the cap going up though, that doesn't amount to a ton of money at the end of the day.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Wow!

Claude Julien has been out of the game for over 3 years now. I wonder if this will be his first year where he isn’t being paid by the Canadiens since he was fired? If his contract is finally up, it makes a lot of sense why he’s now finally resorting to taking an assistant’s job after this many years out of the league.

This almost smells like a coach in waiting if things go bad with the Blues yet again, just because of his experience. But Ott with the associate title is likely first in line for that. And Ott has been a coach there for as long as he’s been done playing, if I’m not mistaken. I think he goes back to the Ken Hitchcock era as a Blues assistant, which means he’s lasted through 4 head coaches now.

And I meant to comment on this weeks ago when it was announced Doug Armstrong is expected to transition out of the GM position by 2026 and turning over the keys to Alexander Steen. This seems like a Blues thing. Because they did the same thing with Hitchcock and announced Mike Yeo would succeed him a whole year before it was supposed to happen. Of course, Hitchcock did not actually survive that entire season, and I have a feeling Armstrong won’t survive 2026 either. Not if that (shit) team is expected to compete. They’re trash. And with Armstrong already being a scheduled lame duck, he’ll probably be the next to go like Berube last year. I could see them keeping him around in a “Celebratory” role or fired via promotion, but I doubt he makes 2026 as still the GM.

Reactions: Alex NJD

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Not a bad deal at all for Joshua. Thank god he signed before FA so we avoided any "we should have signed this guy" arguments
You think Joshua would have been a drop in the bucket compared to what's to come?

b14be745118c001e5ab33657bf62927a.gif

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
You think Joshua would have been a drop in the bucket compared to what's to come?

b14be745118c001e5ab33657bf62927a.gif
I'm expecting 10+ pages no matter who we draft tomorrow. Another 10+ about Pesce whether we sign him or not. Minimum 3 on Rico. Another 5 when we loop back into Markstrom deal vs Ullmark deal. The wildcard will be Jim and how much bait he can cook up to rile the board

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Unfortunately I think Fitz is more interested in dealing picks than acquiring them.
For the right price, why not? I love the draft and I’m all for prospects but for the right price the 10th should be in play.

Will it be moved? Doubt it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I have a lot of worries that Fitz is sitting on the hot chair. Its a bad decision short term and long term. For many reasons - depth, defense, young talent, fixing problem, cap flexibility. Will see how it goes.

He shouldn't be in the hot chair, especially considering he was just promoted/extended earlier this year. Fitz also doesn't come across like someone to take shortcuts or make short-sighted decisions for his own personal benefit.

That being said, I am starting to understand a sense of urgency with this team to start to capitalize on the prime years of this core, not to mention taking advantage of having some very good players on ELC's (Hughes/Nemec this season, Nemec and maybe Gritsyuk the following season).

I'm still hoping we use the #10 pick to draft a player that can come in another season or two from now on an ELC as that really should be our last high pick for some time, but I understand to an extent using it for a more established player that could help us immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad