Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
damn even with Korpisalo retained the Bruins only gained 2 million in cap for trading Ullmark. they must be high on Korpisalo bouncing back or something

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is some good stuff from Staios, despite the woeful Travis Green hiring.

How the hell did they get them to take Korpisalo? Korpisalo for 4 more years at $3 million is still HERPES.

Do they think Bob Essensa can help him be good when he gets his hands on him? This is hilarious.

I figured they'd have to give away Brady Tkachuk to get rid of Korpisalo (not really, exaggerating) or someone that's actually good.

All it took was a 1st round pick and a 4th liner AND they got back Ullmark? UFA or not, this is hilarious for Boston.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Are Bruins doing some 4D chess move where they will also trade Swayman instead of paying him 8M per year on a long deal? And they think Korpisalo and someone else can be decent under a team with a solid defensive structure like their?

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Boston must be thinking Korpisalo will perform better playing behind Boston's defense and structure compared to Ottawa's? I mean I'd bet Jim Montgomery will do a much better job than DJ Smith and Jacques Martin. But there are definitely a few FA backup goalies you could sign this offseason for similar AAV and less term

Reactions: Rhodes 81

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Korpisalo is one of the worst goalies in the league.
9 years in the league. 2 good seasons (rookie year was one of them), 1 average/slightly above average season and 6 seasons ranging from bad to horrible. The other good season came right before the stupid contract he got.

The goalies that have been worse than him since that time haven't been in the league nearly as long as him. Martin Jones has been pretty bad for a long time, he's probably close.

And that's not even touching that his contract was a complete joke.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boston must be thinking Korpisalo will perform better playing behind Boston's defense and structure compared to Ottawa's? I mean I'd bet Jim Montgomery will do a much better job than DJ Smith and Jacques Martin. But there are definitely a few FA backup goalies you could sign this offseason for similar AAV and less term
Maybe.

Torts didn't seem to do much for Korpisalo though. He had his best season under....... Brad Larsen? Elvis (and Bob) outplayed him every year behind the same team, other than the Brad Larsen year and Korpisalo's first year in the league.

$3 million for 4 more years is still too much for that.

Reactions: Alex NJD

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Boston is pretty shallow in the pool. I wouldn't be surprised if they insisted on getting the pick back and the price was to take Korpse.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
lol no we didn't. We paid for 2 years of Markstrom. They just gave up a 1 for a non-extended, at the moment, Ullmark.

EDIT - And they had to use a retainment spot for 4 years.

I have no doubt that they are going to re-sign him, but it's going to be like 5 years, 7 million per with a 3 year full no move and two restrictive ntc years, I'd wager.

It's the kind of contract I didn't want, especially for Ullmark .

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are Bruins doing some 4D chess move where they will also trade Swayman instead of paying him 8M per year on a long deal? And they think Korpisalo and someone else can be decent under a team with a solid defensive structure like their?
It would be funny if they were just blowing it up out of nowhere because they know they're not actually a contender anymore and they overachieved this past year. So they trade Swayman also and go with Korpisalo and some other guy they sign.

I'm trying to think of the last team that did that. It hasn't been too terribly long since it happened.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Its kinda proof that the Devils overpaid and didn't realize the market.

There were really only 4 teams looking for a starting goalie and a bunch of goalies available for trade. Once the Devils and Kings locked down starters, the Bruins had very limited trading partners.

Crazy that they took on a cap dump to get rid of Ullmark.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Its kinda proof that the Devils overpaid and didn't realize the market.

There were really only 4 teams looking for a starting goalie and a bunch of goalies available for trade. Once the Devils and Kings locked down starters, the Bruins had very limited trading partners.

Crazy that they took on a cap dump to get rid of Ullmark.

its literally the opposite lmao

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I legit don't understand why some of you guys even follow the team lol

"we need a goalie!"
"no NOT like THAT!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events