Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I was reading the game thread. Sounds like they’re loving him so far. Him and kastelic have stood out in the games they played.
I’ll be intrigued to follow Kastelic’s progress this year. Really believe the guy has the physical tools to be a good 4th liner, but was very disappointed in how passive he was last year. Played like a guy on a retirement contract. Will the switch to an organization where you’re actually expected to play hard make a difference?

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’ll be intrigued to follow Kastelic’s progress this year. Really believe the guy has the physical tools to be a good 4th liner, but was very disappointed in how passive he was last year. Played like a guy on a retirement contract. Will the switch to an organization where you’re actually expected to play hard make a difference?
I think so. The competition for spots is pretty serious over there. He’ll have to keep it up if he wants to stay in the lineup.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The toilet seats will look like fools for drafting Rickenbacher ahead of Michkov
Everyone not named Chicago will, he’s unbelievable.

Was a baffling drop, but his situation with Russia/his Dad was Scary

Habs went the right direction this year with Demidov though, I think he’s going to be phenomenal as well.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Looked to me like Laine had rediscovered the joy of having a puck on his stick and hearing the roar of the crowd - he was playing hockey like he was a kid again and it was nice to watch. But he isn’t a kid again, he’s in a league with players who play for keeps and don’t care about your mental state, Laine wanted to play hockey like he was 16 again, he forgot he was in a league with absolute killers and we see the results. Sad but Laine was never going to be Mario Lemieux with the puck going across the blue line, but it was nice to see the magic and joy for a couple of pre-season games.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I was reading the game thread. Sounds like they’re loving him so far. Him and kastelic have stood out in the games they played.

Yup apparently the team didn’t play well in front of him and he got them to OT. But a L is a L

Also…korpi’s new mask looks amazing. Might be one of my all time favorites. Will have to study it more.
Being able to see the puck helps in stopping it I guess.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Being able to see the puck helps in stopping it I guess.
I'll believe it when I see it for an extended period. When he was signed it was all about the hip surgeries supposedly fixed him and he came out with another season typical of the majority of his career prior to.

Just glad he's not our problem anymore and that our GM didn't put our seasons hopes on eye surgery and a new mask for a career backup.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
The toilet seats will look like fools for drafting Rickenbacher ahead of Michkov
Good popcorn though.

640px-Orville_Redenbacher_1979.jpg

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If it had been Laine on my team, I wouldn't have had a problem with what Xhekaj did.

The refs didn't step in so someone has to.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
He landed a solid hair pull.

None of those looked like solid shots to me.

Cuts don’t mean much, they can happen with a finger nail.
He landed some punches to the head. Anyhow, not big deal and not a hill I’m prepared to die on. I’m not a Montreal or Slaf fan. Moving on.

Matvei Michkov is going to win the Calder.
I’ve watched chunks of a couple Flyer’s games. He looks good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad