Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Wonder if this will help put and end to the overvaluation of guys like Goodrow and Jeannot.

Nope.

Goodrow was a -13 on a good Rangers team. No one else was close to that number on the team. I know plus/minus isn't a great stat but that's a pretty concerning number for a 31 year old playing 12 minutes a night on a top team.

Yet people still think we should pick him up. :thumbd:

Reactions: Cosmix

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He’s way overpaid, he had 4 goals last year, Parker Kelly had 8
Not to mention he has 3 years left.
I’m guessing no-one claims him from waivers.
Rangers fans will drive him to the city of his destination.
And Joseph had 3 goals last year, none while even strength.

I'd prefer to look at a players total body of work instead of just one season. Goodrow even stepped it up in the playoffs. The same way Joseph rebounded to have a good season, Goodrow is statistically likely to perform well next year. Not a 20g 20a guy, but between 20-30 points while being great defensively.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He’s way overpaid, he had 4 goals last year, Parker Kelly had 8
Not to mention he has 3 years left.
I’m guessing no-one claims him from waivers.
Rangers fans will drive him to the city of his destination.

He's not getting claimed. They'll buy him out. Then I'd be interested in getting him for $1M or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak and Golden_Jet

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No chance Goodrow is claimed.

I’d look his way at a contract in the 1’s for a year, I wouldn’t be giving him any term or money though.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK

I'd prefer to look at a players total body of work instead of just one season. Goodrow even stepped it up in the playoffs. The same way Joseph rebounded to have a good season, Goodrow is statistically likely to perform well next year. Not a 20g 20a guy, but between 20-30 points while being great defensively.
This thinking here is why GMs are constantly shooting themselves in the foot and giving out large contracts to guys like Goodrow.

Dude shot 40% in the playoffs

Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

dude is 30+ and the only reason he is in the NHL is because of his physical tools.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The buyout terms aren't amazing for the Rangers. I'd take him for a toss in nothing piece at 50% retained and it seems like it could be more appealing to them than the buyout.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Not a bad deal for Vancouver.

Maybe you could say it's just a coincidence, but Quinn Hughes DID have his best season ever playing next to Hronek.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dreamland Wo oh oh
If we could add Barkov and Ekblad lets say .. Would that be enough to push the Sens into top 4 or 5 contender status or would we still need more changes.. Assume we have average tender someone like maybe Charlie Lindgren.

Conner Brown has been unreal in the finals. Getting rid of Brown and Paul was dumb dumb stuff. PK has never recovered.

Happy to see Brown doing well after his injury and a tough season. Looks like he is finally recovered and moving well again.
Happy for him ... after a very tough 2 years. This is more what we were used to.

Reactions: Yak and Dionysus

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Conner Brown is a great role player but let’s not pretend he is worth the 5M AAV he would have cost us.

If he wasn't traded and didn't tear his ACL 4 games in for Washington I'm not sure why he would regress into a role player.

He was a 40-50P guy for us with limited PP time while providing excellent two-way play + PKing.

Reactions: bicboi64

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just can't root for the Oilers.

But a small part of me kind of wants to see the reverse sweep cause then it would be two miserable finals for the Panthers.

Get destroyed in the finals last year and then choke away a 3-0 lead this year.

They say the 4th win is the hardest, but i am glad i didn't have to go through this shit last year and it was an easy cup clinching game.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Nice to see Brown have a moment like he did. McJesus might win the Conn Smythe even if Florida wins the cup.

Kinda hope it gets to 7 games just to have more hockey

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Markstrom to NJD just always made the most sense. You aren't paying for a 35-year old starter unless you're a bonafide cup contender in the next two years missing a goalie, and I think only NJD really fits that category.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Markstrom to NJD just always made the most sense. You aren't paying for a 35-year old starter unless you're a bonafide cup contender in the next two years missing a goalie, and I think only NJD really fits that category.
I was hoping he could provide some stability as the team tries to get on track, but probably not fair to expect Markstrom to sign up with a team with no shot at contending this late in his career.

Reactions: BigRig4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad