Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We just watched 3 of the 4 conference finals teams with basically some of the best of the best of goaltenders in the league.

Now we're seeing Bobrovsky potentially set the save % record for the best goalie performance ever in the finals, while Edmonton's let in a major gaffe last night to seal the deal.

Safe to say goaltending needs to be a top priority for any team expecting to win.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We just watched 3 of the 4 conference finals teams with basically some of the best of the best of goaltenders in the league.

Now we're seeing Bobrovsky potentially set the save % record for the best goalie performance ever in the finals, while Edmonton's let in a major gaffe last night to seal the deal.

Safe to say goaltending needs to be a top priority for any team expecting to win.
What's fascinating to me is not too long ago the Bobrovsky contract was considered a big blunder and the worst goalie contract in the league by some.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Plus playoff-style hockey players!

The Senators are not a playoff team because they don't have enough playoff-type players.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I hope Andlauer is planning to change and upgrade the PR and game-day entertainment of the Senators. It is stale, old-fashioned, and not exciting. Lots of work to be done to upgrade the game experience.

We'll have to wait an extra two years for that 3rd though... it's a 2026.
Not enough for paying Tarasenko to score goals in the playoffs for the Panthers!

And I thought the Sens had a really good team these last 10 years!
Better do more Due Diligence!

Reactions: BigRig4

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Senators could use the Roman Trireme as its Zamboni makeover; however, the oars might have to go!

1718461863922.png

Reactions: maclean

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Come by on Monday, I have a spot picked out next to Lansdowne. Solar powered beer fridge. Stella and Sleeman. The solar panels will power the Laptop for wi-fi. You won't miss any of the action.

I am a friend of Celine's, she will stop and give you a hug. With any luck, she has her backup dancers with her and they will give you a hug.

Please don't call Ford, Dougie. He has a thing about that. Sutcliff is your Worship. And Trudeau will be busy with Celine's backup dancers.

Don't miss out, in another 3 years, we will most likely be dead last, for the previous 20 years. And you can imagine what that parade will look like. It will be Taylor Swift and her backup, giving everyone a hug and a kiss. Hell, Travis Kelce will be hugging us as well.

Do we cheer "we're number 1"? Or should we cheer "We're number 4"?.
We're actually #25!

Replace with cannons firing t-shirts
Or hot dogs!

Reactions: maclean

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Man I hope we pick up Goodrow.

He'd be the best option for one of our bottom 6. Yes he had a horridly bad regular season, but he's statistically bound to bounce back the way Joseph did.

NYR is in cap trouble and needs to make cuts like this, we don't have that luxury.
I think they're gonna have to buy him out or tie and asset to him. He just makes too much for what he is at this point. However I agree I think he would be a great fit here. Just not at that number or if they do take him id like to get something back as well. Maybe a 3 way deal where the sens dump a goalie take Goodrow and the rangers give up an asset.

Reactions: Icelevel

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Man I hope we pick up Goodrow.

He'd be the best option for one of our bottom 6. Yes he had a horridly bad regular season, but he's statistically bound to bounce back the way Joseph did.

NYR is in cap trouble and needs to make cuts like this, we don't have that luxury.
No he’s overpaid and has 3 years left, Parker Kelly out produced him last year

Reactions: Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't get fooled by the short sample size of his playoff performance this year.

In 80 regular season games he had 12 points. He brings a lot away from the puck but he's not worth 3.6M per season for 3 more years.

Would be surprised if anyone picks him up. Rangers will probably have to attach something to him to dump his contract.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think they're gonna have to buy him out or tie and asset to him. He just makes too much for what he is at this point. However I agree I think he would be a great fit here. Just not at that number or if they do take him id like to get something back as well. Maybe a 3 way deal where the sens dump a goalie take Goodrow and the rangers give up an asset.
It'd be awesome if we can get rid of a Forsberg while acquiring Goodrow. He's statistically a 20-30 point guy, plays on NYR's 1st PK unit, was 3rd in NYR for hits (170), led the rags forwards in blocked shots, and steals the puck more than he gives it away.

$3.6 million gets you all that and some vet presence., but if we can get rid of Forsberg, or even Hamonic (despite his NMC), fingers crossed.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I legitimately kind of want Goodrow as the veteran 4th line presence this off-season, but not without sending some bad money back. Assuming he doesn't get picked up maybe there's a deal to be made around BG and one or both of Travis Hamonic/Anton Forsberg.

Rangers get the easier contracts to get out of, Sens add a depth piece they need for close to cap neutral which gives them plenty of space to sign a top-four RHD and re-sign Pinto.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I legitimately kind of want Goodrow as the veteran 4th line presence this off-season, but not without sending some bad money back. Assuming he doesn't get picked up maybe there's a deal to be made around BG and one or both of Travis Hamonic/Anton Forsberg.

Rangers get the easier contracts to get out of, Sens add a depth piece they need for close to cap neutral which gives them plenty of space to sign a top-four RHD and re-sign Pinto.
Man if we can convince Hamonic to go to NYR despite his desire to stay in Canada it'd be a win win. His caphit is only $1.1 million, but every penny counts.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It probably won't be easy for the Rangers to trade Goodrow - he's grossly overpaid and he has a fairly restrictive 15-team NTC. The teams that would consider this guy are likely the teams that the player has no interest in going to.

In fact, you wonder if maybe this is why he's on waivers today. Maybe he's already vetoed a deal and the Rangers are looking for a clean out somehow.

He would probably prefer to be bought-out. He gets 7.5M from the Rangers and is free and clear to choose his destination. He could even end up making more money.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Wonder if this will help put and end to the overvaluation of guys like Goodrow and Jeannot.

One would think. Both decent players but man did they get some big deals/trades thrown their way.

You would think that GMs would take note but old habits die hard in hockey. The old school mentality of saying that any decent player who shows grit is going to be a playoff beast for you is hyper-prevalent in NHL front offices. I mean the premise is obviously not totally wrong but I just feel like GMs reach way too hard to get this kind of player. Hence the Goodrows (still decent 4th liner, IMO), Jeannots and Tyler Bouchers being acquired and signed in massive WTF moments.

Once he gets bought out I might be interested

Exactly. He has a negative cap hit following a buyout this year. That's where this is headed.

And, yeah, I'd take him on the 4th line for a ~$1M.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It'd be awesome if we can get rid of a Forsberg while acquiring Goodrow. He's statistically a 20-30 point guy, plays on NYR's 1st PK unit, was 3rd in NYR for hits (170), led the rags forwards in blocked shots, and steals the puck more than he gives it away.

$3.6 million gets you all that and some vet presence., but if we can get rid of Forsberg, or even Hamonic (despite his NMC), fingers crossed.
He’s a buyout candidate, maybe after the buyout happens, and the money is less.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He’s a buyout candidate, maybe after the buyout happens, and the money is less.
He's not as overpaid as you think he is. His caphit is like $700k more than Joseph, but they both produce at a similar rate, are good at PK, in our own end, its just Joseph has more speed, but Goodrow is more physical and battle tested in the playoffs.

He's overpaid on a team like the Rags that have up and coming stars that need new deals. Not on Ottawa where he's the exact type of player we need in the lineup. Yes we have cap trouble, but finding someone like Goodrow after we look for goaltending and RD isn't going to come cheap.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He's not as overpaid as you think he is. His caphit is like $700k more than Joseph, but they both produce at a similar rate, are good at PK, in our own end, its just Joseph has more speed, but Goodrow is more physical and battle tested in the playoffs.

He's overpaid on a team like the Rags that have up and coming stars that need new deals. Not on Ottawa where he's the exact type of player we need in the lineup. Yes we have cap trouble, but finding someone like Goodrow after we look for goaltending and RD isn't going to come cheap.
He’s way overpaid, he had 4 goals last year, Parker Kelly had 8
Not to mention he has 3 years left.
I’m guessing no-one claims him from waivers.
Rangers fans will drive him to the city of his destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad