Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Top 4 RHD, #1 goalie, and a top 9 forward(maybe 2 if Norris is out long-term).

No pressure, Steve.

Chychrun + Norris for EK (3 M$ retained) + Rust + Acciari + POJ + 2nd

Sign Noesen/Foegele (or someone similar)

Buy out Korpisalo, sign Stolarz or Brossoit to prove me deals (while paying them more than others)

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Joseph - Pinto - Batherson
Noesen - Greig- Rust
Crookshank - Acciari - Kastelic
Katchouk

Sanderson - Karlsson
Chabot - Zub
Brannstrom- JBD
Joseph

Stolarz
Forsberg

Call-ups : MacEwen, Ostapchuk, Jarventie, Reinhardt, Sokolov, Kleven, Guenette, Hamonic, Sogaard, Merilainen

Cap space : about 1.7 M$

Reactions: bicboi64

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Chychrun + Norris for EK (3 M$ retained) + Rust + Acciari + POJ + 2nd

Sign Noesen/Foegele (or someone similar)

Buy out Korpisalo, sign Stolarz or Brossoit to prove me deals (while paying them more than others)

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Joseph - Pinto - Batherson
Noesen - Greig- Rust
Crookshank - Acciari - Kastelic
Katchouk

Sanderson - Karlsson
Chabot - Zub
Brannstrom- JBD
Joseph

Stolarz
Forsberg

Call-ups : MacEwen, Ostapchuk, Jarventie, Reinhardt, Sokolov, Kleven, Guenette, Hamonic, Sogaard, Merilainen

Cap space : about 1.7 M$
No way Pittsburgh does that and it doesn’t change our team much.

If Karlsson gets traded here it’s going to have to be Chabot going the other way.

Reactions: aragorn

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
And if you look at bottom-16 from last year, 10-12 of them will be the same as today. I guess it means the season ends before it even starts.
The league is today and has been for a while now stratified.

if you get on Statmuse and check win/loss the last, 5, 10 and 15.. There is only a minor change in the bottom 10 teams and top 10 teams..

Essentially, if you collapse, you will be stuck in the bottom 10 for a long time. If you succeed and break through, you can remain in the upper 10 for a while.

All you have to do is get on statmuse, see win/loss record for the past 5-10 years, then check on Oct 30th and it will tell you pretty much who will finish where.

only 4 teams that are in the bottom 16 on Oct 10 will snap out of it and climb. Those teams are the ones that have had a good to great past 5-10 years.

And the 4 teams that will drop out, are the ones with a questionable last 5-10 years.

as with every situation, there will always be a 1 or 2 team exception.

Anyone, Sens Sales and Marketing staff have stuck enough pins in my doll. My shoulder is killing me. We need to give them a break.

@JD1 how are season ticket sales going? You boys must be working twice as hard this year. Price increases and a collapsed team..

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No way Pittsburgh does that and it doesn’t change our team much.

If Karlsson gets traded here it’s going to have to be Chabot going the other way.

Why would Pittsburgh not do that? You think they would not want to get two 25 y/o? Unless they decide to go full rebuild while Crosby is still playing and trade their vets for futures only.

Chabot is LHD, Karlsson is RHD, 2 elite transitonal D-men paired with stud D-men defensively

Sanderson - Karlsson
Chabot - Zub

Both pairings would have crazy good possession stats and would drive the offense, reducing the time spent in our zone, exposing our Vezina caliber goaltending.

For the bottom-3 D-men, you build it around Kleven, Brannstrom, JBD and Guenette

And Rust/Acciari is the type of vets this team needs more of, they add a lot of elements to the bottom-6. Of course if Norris didn't have his injury troubles, you'd never look to do this but hard to rely on him with the current context

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Why would Pittsburgh not do that? You think they would not want to get two 25 y/o? Unless they decide to go full rebuild while Crosby is still playing and trade their vets for futures only.

Chabot is LHD, Karlsson is RHD, 2 elite transitonal D-men paired with stud D-men defensively

Sanderson - Karlsson
Chabot - Zub

Both pairings would have crazy good possession stats and would drive the offense, reducing the time spent in our zone, exposing our Vezina caliber goaltending.

For the bottom-3 D-men, you build it around Kleven, Brannstrom, JBD and Guenette

And Rust/Acciari is the type of vets this team needs more of, they add a lot of elements to the bottom-6. Of course if Norris didn't have his injury troubles, you'd never look to do this but hard to rely on him with the current context
Not sure they'd be sold on Chychrun considering he'd want $7+ million on his next deal. Batherson would be appealing, especially on his value contract so we'd have to include him. Norris might work if they intend on LTIRing it up next year, but they're giving up far too much. No way they add a 2nd or retain o EK.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not sure they'd be sold on Chychrun considering he'd want $7+ million on his next deal. Batherson would be appealing, especially on his value contract so we'd have to include him. Norris might work if they intend on LTIRing it up next year, but they're giving up far too much. No way they add a 2nd or retain o EK.

I wouldn’t trade Batherson for this package… look at the age of the players and the cap hit they carry…

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Detroit implosion:
giphy.gif

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Tbh they probably bounce back once Larkin returns.
The Jeff Merrik show a few moments ago.

Detroit... Less than a 20% chance of making the playoffs.

Washington 28 %
Minn. 21%

and they are the highest in their respective conferences.

The season is most likely over for all non playoff teams.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Detroit implosion:
giphy.gif

It’s crazy that some Detroit fans were crowning Yzerman as GM of the year and acting like they were about to go on another 20+ year run of playoff success when their team really wasn’t passing the eye test.

Stay humble until the seasons over and you’ve made the show. Then you can act like as much of a donkey as you want!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The league is today and has been for a while now stratified.

if you get on Statmuse and check win/loss the last, 5, 10 and 15.. There is only a minor change in the bottom 10 teams and top 10 teams..

Essentially, if you collapse, you will be stuck in the bottom 10 for a long time. If you succeed and break through, you can remain in the upper 10 for a while.

All you have to do is get on statmuse, see win/loss record for the past 5-10 years, then check on Oct 30th and it will tell you pretty much who will finish where.

only 4 teams that are in the bottom 16 on Oct 10 will snap out of it and climb. Those teams are the ones that have had a good to great past 5-10 years.

And the 4 teams that will drop out, are the ones with a questionable last 5-10 years.

as with every situation, there will always be a 1 or 2 team exception.

Anyone, Sens Sales and Marketing staff have stuck enough pins in my doll. My shoulder is killing me. We need to give them a break.

@JD1 how are season ticket sales going? You boys must be working twice as hard this year. Price increases and a collapsed team..
why are you flagging me in this Beech? I don't work for the sens

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
why are you flagging me in this Beech? I don't work for the sens
I KNOW, IT WAS THROWING STONES WITHOUT AIMING AT THE RIGHT PEOPLE. otherwise, THEY WOULLD GET THE MODS TO BAN ME.
sorry about the capital, big fingers.

Reactions: JD1

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Zach Hyman on his way to 50 goals with another hatty last night

Connor Brown gets his 1st of the year

Happy for C.Brown I hope this gets the monkey off his back. It’s pretty wild how snake bitten he’s been this season (I think something like 90 shots without a goal)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Connor Bbbbbrrroooowwwwnnnnnnnnnn!
Wow.
What a lucky garbage goal. Lol

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
least likeable ranking​
team​
1The blue team
2The blue team
3the blue team
4 the blue team
5the blue team
6the remaining 5 teams in Canada (Habs, Jets, Flames, Oilers, Canucks)

I agonized a while over the rankings

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Wow Alex nylander has 5 goals in 9 games with Columbus. Has he figured it out?

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
I didn't even notice his extension. He's scored at a 53pt pace during his time at Seattle. Not bad for what will be $4.75 million for a couple of years. Solid vet presence for the Krakheads
He’s quietly had himself a good career. Outside of those early seasons in Edmonton he’s sort of been in the background but has been thriving.

Reactions: bicboi64 and DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad