Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've got a reverse 2014 mindset in my head, to be honest. I think that Nashville's the favorite out West, but if I had to put money on any teams to win the top three would all be out East: Bolts, Pens, and Bruins.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
I wasn't referring to the Hawks-LA '14 series in terms of the winner of a Nashville-Winnipeg series being a lock for the cup. I was speaking to the nature of the series itself.

I agree that the favorites are in the East.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
So Habs shut down Pacioretty for the season (good tank move)

Boeser gets injured (back/hip) which isn't an ideal tank move.. bad luck Canucks continues.. (why their training staff made him limp off the ice where he was then stretchered off with a back injury like that I'll never know)

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

So this is pretty impressive work here. I dig it. I really like these uniforms as is, but as another thought I wouldn't mind seeing some gold incorporated into that, a la Alaska-Anchorage or Northern Michigan. But these are pretty damn sharp, too. I like all of it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

So this is pretty impressive work here. I dig it. I really like these uniforms as is, but as another thought I wouldn't mind seeing some gold incorporated into that, a la Alaska-Anchorage or Northern Michigan. But these are pretty damn sharp, too. I like all of it.

it is simple and very clean and to the point. excellent work.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I love jersey concepts, but I'm in the same boat that Metros doesn't do anything for me, especially as you know that it'd be shortened to Mets so they'd be dead right off the bat thanks to that for me.

I'm still hoping that they do the unlikely thing and get the rights to the WHL Thunderbirds moniker. That's a damn strong name. Go Birds.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Surprised. I would say he didn't have a lot to work with.. old ownership didn't let him do anything. His drafting was good, his trades were solid. Kinda surprised. Always thought Peters would go before Francis.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Always curious when a guy gets canned as GM but moved up to President of Hockey Operations. You’re removed from personnel decision-making only to in charge of all hockey ops. It’s just so NHL.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Needless to say, pretty foreboding for the franchise if this is true

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't consider what Shannon says to be all that believable

Frankly the media up North have been guilty of a lot of hysteria and falsehoods about Canes and how organization is run in recent years. A lot of that has to do with the "Quebec City" nonsense

And as new owner he certainly has right to bring in his own man to run things

And its not like Francis performance as GM has been anything to celebrate

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Surprised. I would say he didn't have a lot to work with.. old ownership didn't let him do anything. His drafting was good, his trades were solid. Kinda surprised. Always thought Peters would go before Francis.

Old ownership didn't meddle. He was allowed to run ship as he wanted and his performance/handling of G position has hurt organization

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Old ownership didn't meddle. He was allowed to run ship as he wanted and his performance/handling of G position has hurt organization
Old ownership didn't meddle? What are you talking about. Old ownership didn't let him spend any money. Go ask Canes fans. Go look at the money spent in free agency. Dude was worse than Melnyk.

Reactions: BK

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I like these a lot. I have family from Seattle, so I'd default to being a secondary fan of theirs, and this is some really good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad