Around the League XXX: Oilers make the playoffs and Wings miss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Man that's crazy. I was busy with work and couldn't catch any of the game until the second. Was really hoping to see him get that but of course he has to score 35 seconds in. Congrats Ovie. He's been one of the more entertaining players of this generation.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Man that's crazy. I was busy with work and couldn't catch any of the game until the second. Was really hoping to see him get that but of course he has to score 35 seconds in. Congrats Ovie. He's been one of the more entertaining players of this generation.

Seriously, dude seems like he has a great personality off the ice. On it I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near him as a member of the opposing team though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The metro division is completely stacked but in the West, the Hawks have the second highest winning percentage behind only Minnesota who for some reason has 5 less games played than us.

Hawks also have the 6th best GAA

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The metro division is completely stacked but in the West, the Hawks have the second highest winning percentage behind only Minnesota who for some reason has 5 less games played than us.

Hawks also have the 6th best GAA

The Hawks had a front-loaded schedule for the first half of the season. Have played more games than pretty much every team in the NHL, other than a few. The Hawks schedule will lighten up moving forward, and the teams who had less games in the first half will have more in second half. The Hawks had 9 back-to-backs in the first half... That's insane. Close to half their games played have been back-to-backs... With a couple of those being home and home series.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The Hawks had a front-loaded schedule for the first half of the season. Have played more games than pretty much every team in the NHL, other than a few. The Hawks schedule will lighten up moving forward, and the teams who had less games in the first half will have more in second half. The Hawks had 9 back-to-backs in the first half... That's insane. Close to half their games played have been back-to-backs... With a couple of those being home and home series.

Yeah. That is a tough schedule. Will be nice going into the playoffs with a less busy schedule while the Wild will be busy. Based on past performances I would have to say that the Wild are over performing over where they should be.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Jake Allen is so bad. I really can't imagine him taking the blues anywhere deep in the playoffs.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

This is a pretty poor look for the Wild. Who approved that and thought that was a good idea to do at intermission? Hawks diddnt even have anything to do with that game. :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

giphy.gif

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Kind of funny and totally absurd. Doesn't seem that over the line or worthy of an official statement/explanation. Anyone that is looking to mascots as role models for their children is looking in the wrong place.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kind of funny and totally absurd. Doesn't seem that over the line or worthy of an official statement/explanation. Anyone that is looking to mascots as role models for their children is looking in the wrong place.

I think the issue is more along the lines of having a skit during intermission showing someone beating someone else with a bat... mascots or no.

And the announcer that kept shouting for him to keep beating him.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I think the issue is more along the lines of having a skit during intermission showing someone beating someone else with a bat... mascots or no.

And the announcer that kept shouting for him to keep beating him.

I don't think giant cartoon animals pretending to beat each other up is all that serious. Kuc's "think of the children!" column is ridiculous.

The NHL said it contacted the Wild regarding the skit and the team would be making a public comment Friday. The Hawks declined to comment.

Whatever the Wild announces, it should have thought ahead.

Shame on the Wild.

Shame on the Hawks.

Shame on the NHL.

Shame on the Hawks for not commenting on another team's skit? Not sure what he expects them to do. Shame on the NHL for what? They asked the Wild to explain it, seems like they're taking action.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't think giant cartoon animals pretending to beat each other up is all that serious. Kuc's "think of the children!" column is ridiculous.

Shame on the Hawks for not commenting on another team's skit? Not sure what he expects them to do. Shame on the NHL for what? They asked the Wild to explain it, seems like they're taking action.

I don't either. But many people may.

And idk wtf there'd be shame on the Hawks for. It has nothing to do with them. (They did nothing wrong, is what I mean by that) :laugh:

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I could also see the Hawks having a problem with this. The Wild don't own the rights to the Hawks branding, and this doesn't seem like something the league or Wirtz/McDonough would sign off on.

So the Hawks and the league are likely (and rightfully) frustrated with this.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
My biggest problem with it is that it isn't funny. I could crap a funnier skit.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My biggest problem with it is that it isn't funny. I could crap a funnier skit.

That was pretty much my reaction to, thinking whoever came up with this skit is an idiot. Not because it's offensive, because it was just flat out dumb and not even remotely funny.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Wild tie us up for the division lead with 4 games in hand. Hawks need to take these guys down a peg tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad