Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So there’s a thread on a certain team’s board about hiring Quenneville and the positive responses to hiring him are absolutely disgusting. What a morally bankrupt fanbase, at least the ones that post on this forum, and given that particular team’s horrible history, you’d think they’d be a bastion against him.

Bloody reprehensible.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
So there’s a thread on a certain team’s board about hiring Quenneville and the positive responses to hiring him are absolutely disgusting. What a morally bankrupt fanbase, at least the ones that post on this forum, and given that particular team’s horrible history, you’d think they’d be a bastion against him.

Bloody reprehensible.
yeah it's bad enough that some blackhawks fans go "nuh uh we totally deserve connor bedard, the cover-up was over a decade ago", and you really start to see the attitude that got the blackhawks organization there in the first place. may they forever be cursed.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
yeah it's bad enough that some blackhawks fans go "nuh uh we totally deserve connor bedard, the cover-up was over a decade ago", and you really start to see the attitude that got the blackhawks organization there in the first place. may they forever be cursed.

And I’m not even talking about the Blackhawks.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
That team is in the 2nd round right now if they spend $6 million on Soucy and Cole instead of Klingberg. One of the most devastating signings by a 'contending' team in recent memory.
Nah. Boston would still have the edge in defence and goaltending. Getting two stay-at-home defensemen isn't going to help the Leafs much when their problem is scoring goals.

Bertuzzi and Domi were precisely the right players to target , and demonstrated that in this years playoffs...At least I can see that Treliving was trying to incorporate some grit and character on a team that had top talent/ zero heart for seven consecutive years.

Trelivings predecessor inherited a 106 point team, and then proceeded to sign Tavares and literally torpedo any chances of the leafs being a SC contender.

I think Bertuzzi was a good target but not Domi. Domi is at his best as a top 2 C on a rebuilding team. He is otherwise inconsistent from season to season, prone to taking bad penalties, and mostly a defensive liability. I say this acknowledging that Domi has played well for the Leafs but they needed him to fill a 3C role and he's not usable in defensive or PK situations.

Reactions: mossey3535

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Bloody reprehensible.
Gross. Waded thru it just now and the ways they twist themselves like pretzels to justify it... or just blatantly don't care.

Reactions: Vector

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Outright insane how Boston only gets one day off too, but f those guys couldn’t care less.
Once Ny and Car started on Sunday knew that they would want the other eastern series to go on Monday so long as Fla had access to their building which was pretty likely. I checked and the only non panthers event is on the 25th labeled as NF.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Adding another to the coaching vacancy list.

Vacant:
Sharks
Kraken
Jets

Interim:
Kings
Devils
Senators
Blues

Maple Leafs are pretty heavily expected to fire Keefe but that organization has made a bunch of backwards decisions in the last year. There's also been rumours about Sullivan leaving the Penguins. Blue Jackets are looking for a new GM from outside the organization and there's a very good chance they get to choose their coach. Especially after the catastrophe with Babcock and sudden promotion of Vincent. Brind'Amour is unsigned but I think everyone would be shocked they can't work out an extension.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Vacant:
Sharks
Kraken
Jets

Interim:
Kings
Devils
Senators
Blues

Maple Leafs are pretty heavily expected to fire Keefe but that organization has made a bunch of backwards decisions in the last year. There's also been rumours about Sullivan leaving the Penguins. Blue Jackets are looking for a new GM from outside the organization and there's a very good chance they get to choose their coach. Especially after the catastrophe with Babcock and sudden promotion of Vincent. Brind'Amour is unsigned but I think everyone would be shocked they can't work out an extension.
Insane turnover in the coaching ranks. Vacant will more than likely add Columbus after they hire their next GM.
So, you have those 7 plus CBS, plus teams like NYI, Edm, and Buf made coaching hires. We are already up to 10 plus CBS pending. Only Bowness stepped down.
Wonder if those GMs look to make more changes to their roster this off-season.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

Vacant:
Sharks
Kraken
Jets

Interim:
Kings
Devils
Senators
Blues

They have no choice but to fire him after this:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
two absolutely insane graphics a buddy just sent me:

1000017379.jpg

1000017830.jpg

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I think Bertuzzi was a good target but not Domi. Domi is at his best as a top 2 C on a rebuilding team. He is otherwise inconsistent from season to season, prone to taking bad penalties, and mostly a defensive liability. I say this acknowledging that Domi has played well for the Leafs but they needed him to fill a 3C role and he's not usable in defensive or PK situations.
Domi played well when he had a strong C (AM) or winger (MM, Nylander), Brendan Morrison without the defensive awareness. Bertuzzi is a meh, almost usefullessness for most of the season for the leafs, and he is not cheap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway