Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Would have felt incredibly bittersweet if the Oilers won the cup with the Canucks being so close to knocking them out with their 3rd string goaltender and top scorer out.

I guess they have a taste of their own medicine with Drai playing injured and not producing for the Oilers in the finals? (Petterson for the Canucks)
Ron Mclean can f*** off now for a few months.

they really should make him retire, before Bieksa gets sick and tired of the CBC crew and he gets recruited by ESPN or an american network. I'm sure he's getting sick of these hacks he's working with at CBC.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They were both goalies. McDavid is the first skater since Leach.
4 Goalies and now 2 F have won the Conn Smythe.

Giggy won the cup in 2007, so he must feel better about the Smythe he got from 2003
Hextall won a cup with LA in the front office so that takes the sting away
Leach won a cup with the Flyers.
Glen Hall won cups (only other F)

Roger Crozier never won a Cup.

If he ends up winning a cup later in his career, it will make this Conn Smythe feel better. But, no surprise he's not happy or thinking about the Conn Smythe.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
My dads English and mother is Italian.

England won’t win anything and Italy aren’t good this year.

But todays game against Croatia was a crazy finish.
Weird how the one year England won, it was North Korea's 'dream season' that sort of won the hearts of many English fans. Hey, Alan Ball was an important reason why the Whitecaps won the Soccer Bowl that one year.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
image0.gif

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I was getting really nervous but the Hockey Gods heard my prayers that Oiler fans be punished for their hubris with a loss as devastating as Canucks experienced in 2011.

The second part of my prayer is Oilers fans watch jealousy as the Canucks hoist the cup like we had to watch teams like the Kings and Blackhawks do as our window slammed shut.

I ask for much but long have suffered as trophies of others.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
If the rest of Canada wasn't a bunch of bitches when it came to the the 2011 Canucks, maybe I wouldn't be so anti Canadian team. Something something forming years.

Glad Florida sealed the deal.

Also some of these takes I'm seeing on McDavid are brain-dead. The man carried the Oilers back to existence and even though he didn't score, he still generated high quality chances with insane coverage on him. If Hyman and RNH showed up to, I dunno, use the extra ice that McDavid was drawing for just existing - this would've been a different game.

The best part about all of this is if it isn't next year, I don't see the Oilers getting back to the finals. The Nurse contract is a killer and both Drai and Bouchard will need new deals.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
has there ever been a situation like brady/matthew before where there are two brothers of very similar playing ability but a very different amount of team success

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad