Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Posting once again for those in the back

bust.jpg

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
That scramble in the last five minutes was unreal. I can't believe that didn't go in. Bob shut the door.

This stings so much worse than a sweep. To come this close, only to lose in such a close game.

Props to this Oilers team. They were frustrating to watch all playoffs long. I have a feeling they will be going deep the next couple seasons so I hope the Canucks can keep building a team to take them out.

Thanks Florida!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Would have preferred the sweep but happy nonetheless.

Luongo got his cup, a player on the Canucks payroll won a cup finally (OEL :laugh:), Gazdic is crying somewhere, and despite the refs and league's best efforts all playoff long the Oilers weren't able to hoist the cup.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
That must just shatter you, mentally, to have worked SO hard to turn around your horrible start to the season, come back and win a close Game 7 in Rd 2, come back against Dallas and make it to the finals as the underdog, and then COME BACK FROM 0-3 to make it a one goal game in Game 7. How do you come back next season with the same fire?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I honestly feel bad for McDavid, he was incredible these playoffs. Happy with the result though. I didn't think Edmonton beat us gracefully. They had to be dicks about it, and Gadzic was the icing on the cake. The Oil got dusted in this one lmao.

Reactions: vanuck

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Gary had this speech planned for days, didn’t even write one for the Oil, for obvious reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad