Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Damn...McDavid has a chance now to beat Gretzky's total of 47 points in the playoffs (but not his point percentage).

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Losing 8-1 last game felt symbolic. Florida's still leading but almost feel like it's already over.

Evan Rodrigues is doing his best Conor Garland impression but special teams is the difference again.

Bob can't lock it down consistently like earlier in the series but at least it isn't Tim Thomas with illegal pads on the other side.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
PM tricked into putting OEL in crucial situations because of his goal lol, Tkachuk makes an all-time save and guy still has his controller disconnected
I get that he finally got a goal after so many chances but why was he on the point on his backhand? He couldn't keep the puck in at the blueline and that led to a couple of the Oilers EN opportunities.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Buddy its 3-2 panthers... did you expect the oilers to just roll over and die in the Stanley cup finals?

Florida still is in the drivers seat

Momentum is a very real thing. This feels exactly like 2011 vs Chicago. Hopefully, the ending is similar.

You could argue Edmonton deserves to be ahead in the series - once again, they have been the better team. It's a consistent theme, their star players deliver when it counts (other than Draisaitl it seems).

Doesn't help that Skinner figured out how to mostly stay consistent, as he was the main reason they were close to being eliminated in the first place.

I don't know guys...I think it might actually happen. I won't ever hear the end of it. All of my coworkers are Oilers fans.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Someone wanna tell me why these teams get two days off when travel is involved and the Canucks and Bruins only had one day off between every game? Vancouver to Boston and vice versa is not close.

Because for some reason the NHL desperately wants to prolong the season. I guess so they don't have an awkward wait between awarding the cup and FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad