Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
IMG_2936.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I don't get too worked up about the fortunes of other teams but I was really looking forward to Montreal's season. I hope Laine's knee isn't badly injured.

As far as intent goes, it's a way more complicated thing than arguments on the internet about it can take into consideration. Players use their legs to impede each other all the time without causing injury and they don't have time to determine whether a certain instance of doing it presents more risk. A lot of supposedly clean players have done exactly what Pare did. On the other hand, it's a still a choice on his part. The solution is probably to send death threats to his family on Twitter and Instagram.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Absolutely no intent I mean if you watch it in slow motion he just turns to try and get him up high with his arms his leg goes with them it's pure reactionary
I think he knew where his leg was. But when you do it over and over again throughout your career and there's almost always just glancing contact, you're going to assume that will happen again.

People seem to expect players to constantly consider these things, but the reality is that no player committed to thinking that way would be able to make a pro roster.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

Not sure if I’m surprised by this or not.

Xhekaj’s punch from behind didn’t really connect—so I guess it gets just a shrug from the league. But if he did hit him, it would have been a very similar blindside attack as the suckerpunch that Bertuzzi landed on Steve Moore. It’s only because he missed Paré that they both flailed to the ice.

Wish the league would’ve drawn more of a line in the sand that any suckerpunch or blindside punch is not acceptable. Regardless of whether there was a serious outcome or not. By being soft on this vigilante justice they will only encourage it to happen more often.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
It's such a gross look. If I wanted to see someone attack an unwilling combatant from behind and land several punches while he's down and vulnerable, I'd watch street fights on Twitter. That it doesn't even merit a suspension in this league is insane. Can't wait for the next broken neck, and all the somber commentary that follows.

Last edited:
Reactions: pitseleh

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I think he knew where his leg was. But when you do it over and over again throughout your career and there's almost always just glancing contact, you're going to assume that will happen again.

People seem to expect players to constantly consider these things, but the reality is that no player committed to thinking that way would be able to make a pro roster.
As a kid playing against NHL players in that moment probably not, the only thing he's thinking about is holy shit he's coming at me fast I got to do something and instinctively extends his arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad