Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
RIP.

That’s f***ing shit luck.

Greener hockey is trash hockey
I want to say I'm surprised he got another HC job but I'm not. Ottawa is better off than with DJ Smith. At least they gave him a half decent goaltender. Smith was given pretty brutal goalies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Watched OEL pretty closely in this game, and even with all his injuries and age creeping up, he still seems to be a serviceable d-man and pretty good on the PP.

I know that with all the salary cap machinations, the Canucks were forced to buy him out. But he might still be providing the Canucks with decent service if they'd held on to him.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB

1000061106.jpg

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Tanev also took half a dozen big hits and blocked a shot with his hand, looked to be

I think an adjustment year might be coming to the leafs.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Zadorov looked rough on the Rangers 3rd goal.

one hopes it’ll be like when calgary got tanev, marky, and toffoli. only an oasis of very minimal meaningful success between missing the playoffs to start and the total collapse and dissolution of the team on the other side.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Watched OEL pretty closely in this game, and even with all his injuries and age creeping up, he still seems to be a serviceable d-man and pretty good on the PP.

I know that with all the salary cap machinations, the Canucks were forced to buy him out. But he might still be providing the Canucks with decent service if they'd held on to him.
If OEL hadn’t busted his foot first at the 2022 world championships and a 2nd time in Feb 2023, Jim Benning might still be GM.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I know everyone is all anti-Green now, but I recall this board being surprisingly supportive of him up until the year he was fired.
No f***ing way it was me. Grew to dislike him as a public figure and never liked his face. He had Benning stink from the start.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I know everyone is all anti-Green now, but I recall this board being surprisingly supportive of him up until the year he was fired.

As with Commando Dimbo, I tried to give Green benefit of the doubt for quite a while. But at some point the shortcomings are becoming too big a pile to ignore.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Good to see the collective insanity that still pops whenever anyone from our most recent worst era is mentioned under any context.

Green was a fine coach, not a great coach, but a fine one and mostly coaches really show their stripes in their second and third stops in the NHL.

All of this extrapolating and judgment casting “he said a meanie thing and it’s because he is evil and stupid”.

2 things that should be patently obvious:

1. This is professional sports with millions to billions of dollars on the line. This probably isn’t the harshest thing the players heard that day. It’s so clear that many many people here never played serious team sports.
No it’s not okay to humiliate or violate people’s sense of personhood like Babcock clearly did.
But hearing it harsh that “many of you aren’t gonna make the team” and blowing up about that is just soft as a grape without knowing of any special evil context.

Which brings me to:

2. A single tweet that quotes a single sentence without much context. We don’t know how he said it, what he said before it, or what he said after it.
I personally hate all of the famous and unfunny comedians crying about how the world is too woke to laugh at their special jokes (when really they mostly aren’t funny and constantly punch down instead of up which is cowardly and typically not funny), but this is like when some HuffPo blogger would quote a premise as if the comedian said it while staring into the eyes of a crying child.

Get ahold of yourselves and remember that these are people and professionals at that.

It’s not all so cut and dry between good and evil. Sometimes it’s just a decent coach pushing his players and a reporter catching a 2 second sound bite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad