Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We also have t
That is not the case though from everything that I have seen. They will have a name but this relocation is fast and they wanted fan involvement etc. And he’ll in the end FC works in soccer so not sure why it can’t for hockey.
O give it a little bit of time and it was such a disaster in Arizona and the move to Utah is a positive one IMO and Salt Lake is a great city and it makes the western road trip for Eastern teams so much more interesting and beneficial for Vegas as teams will have more incentive to party in Vegas.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Well, that's it. The only decent forward left is Chandler Stephenson and he's probably signing elsewhere as I post this. At this point do we make a futures-based trade or look for a cap dump?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And the annual Jim Benning Worst GM award has been awarded to...Steve Staios!

Chychrun traded away for peanuts.
That's the best offer Ottawa got for him on a 10 team no trade list? 20 other options and that's the best they got?

Gave up pick 12, 2024 2nd from Wash and their own 2026 2nd for Chychrun. Like giving up 7, 2nd, and 3rd for DCat to only get a 1st and former 3rd in return. Then turned that former first to Ullmark.

So, to sum up, 2022 7th OA, 2023 12th OA, and 3 seconds, (netting out the 3rds) to end up with Ullmark, Jensen, and the former 3rd round Dman prospect from Detroit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
OEL to Toronto.... Man, not sure why this guy opted to go from AZ, to Van, to FLA, then to Tor...

not sure I would have gone to Toronto given the pressure and media attention. I'd have taken less to go to a less media attention team.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
OEL to Toronto.... Man, not sure why this guy opted to go from AZ, to Van, to FLA, then to Tor...

not sure I would have gone to Toronto given the pressure and media attention. I'd have taken less to go to a less media attention team.

For one, I doubt many teams were offering him that kind of contract. He also has a much bigger opportunity chance with the Leafs since outside Rielly their defense is rather thin. Makes sense if OEL still sees himself as a more middle pair guy than a depth add.

Reactions: quat and mossey3535

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

That’s not a bad deal for him..He was really good for the Panthers when their top pairing was injured..I think he could deliver being a solid # 4 -5 Dman.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Sad Crosby noises
Penguins are gonna be rebuilding for the next 5+ years, and Sid's gonna continue playing like an absolute stud the entire time. I can honestly see him playing until his early-mid 40s. It sounds crazy but Pavelski played really well up until this last season, and Sid is just a special person and player

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Penguins are gonna be rebuilding for the next 5+ years, and Sid's gonna continue playing like an absolute stud the entire time. I can honestly see him playing until his early-mid 40s. It sounds crazy but Pavelski played really well up until this last season, and Sid is just a special person and player
Would be really sad to see Sid extend in Pitt and they go nowhere, in that borderline of a WC spot only for the rest of his career. Ideally, he'd join a better team and finish out however long he wishes to play. Said before, if it was only 1 more season, fine stay in Pitt. But, if he wants to play past his contract, I'd rather see him go elsewhere.

Timing by the NHL. Release it on the biggest free agent day and just before the US major holiday to go under the radar as much as possible. Sick.... And following the announcement that Phi, NJ opted to not QO 3 of the 4 players under investigation for SA by London police (dube still under contract) just on part with the NHL head office.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Would be really sad to see Sid extend in Pitt and they go nowhere, in that borderline of a WC spot only for the rest of his career. Ideally, he'd join a better team and finish out however long he wishes to play. Said before, if it was only 1 more season, fine stay in Pitt. But, if he wants to play past his contract, I'd rather see him go elsewhere.
I'd love to see him play on a competitive team but I think he is too loyal to go anywhere else.

Disgusting. Oilers will be all over this I'm sure.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I can see Skinner going to NJ or Edmonton. Depends on how much he wants. Devils look like they're going to be really good if they can avoid the injury bug.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Guentzal, as expected got a SB heavy deal. $1 mill in salary in 6 of 7 seasons. In 26/27 it's just under $4 mill in salary, guess that's when the next CBA is due up.

Might be similar to Zadorov and Lindholm.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I think Washington's taking a huge step forward next year
Nah they have nothing at center. That step forward is just them walking in a circle and not really going anywhere. Same issue with Nashville. Both teams making a bunch of moves that won't really matter in the end.

If you don't have high end centers you should be rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad