Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Which is funny because many called his contract an albatross.

But he’s earning his money and then some right now.
Which makes my ok even if we slightly overpay for Joshua. We need more of these types of players. Greenway would be another one we should try to add.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Rangers are a wagon. Goodrow is made for the playoffs. Need players like that.
Goodrow had 12 points in 80 games and was a -13 this year. He was a disaster and no one was touching his contract. There was at least a dozen articles written about trading him this year. lol.

Now he's killing it. I think most teams would have got rid of him if they could have.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I don't quite agree with you on the AHL thing, I think he's ready for backup duty. I believe his contract is up? So that figures into the whole thing.

The two major "holes" I see is his five hole when moving side to side (often on breakaways) and he has trouble looking around traffic. There were several times when the Oilers shot exactly opposite the side when he turned his head. The first one is easy to fix, but the second one is harder.
The issue is that as a backup you're not going to reach your ceiling. If Silovs is a long term future starter for the team, he needs more starts where he can build that starters stamina and mentality. That's not going to happen with Demko on the team.

Look at Schneider, he was already a Calder Cup starting goalie with 60 games before we made him the backup which he slowly stole from Lu.

Also at the end of the day Silovs had a.898 and a GSAA of only -0.22 in this "magic run" and that was because of his issues. After all those high danger saves he couldn't stop the low danger ones.

The stick discipline and overslide isn't that quick of a fix. It took Bob like 3-4 seasons for example.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The Greg/Colin Campbell theory will really be put to the test here with Trouba

The issue is that as a backup you're not going to reach your ceiling. If Silovs is a long term future starter for the team, he needs more starts where he can build that starters stamina and mentality. That's not going to happen with Demko on the team.

Look at Schneider, he was already a Calder Cup starting goalie with 60 games before we made him the backup which he slowly stole from Lu.

Also at the end of the day he had a.898 and a GSAA of only -0.22 in this "magic run" and that was because of his issues. After all those high danger saves he couldn't stop the low danger ones.

The stick discipline and overslide isn't that quick of a fix. It took Bob like 3-4 seasons for example.
I'm far froma goalie expert but I really think the Silovs is the #1 goalie of the future talk is pretty optimistic. Look at his pro season as a whole and his #'s, I really don''t see "future #1 goalie" yet.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The Greg/Colin Campbell theory will really be put to the test here with Trouba

I'm far froma goalie expert but I really think the Silovs is the #1 goalie of the future talk is pretty optimistic. Look at his pro season as a whole and his #'s, I really don''t see "future #1 goalie" yet.
Exactly which is why we need to find out if we have a workhorse starter in the AHL.

Reactions: Flik

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Goodrow had 12 points in 80 games and was a -13 this year. He was a disaster and no one was touching his contract. There was at least a dozen articles written about trading him this year. lol.

Now he's killing it. I think most teams would have got rid of him if they could have.

imagine if we could have swapped his contract for mik’s

but it just goes to show that middle six tweeners are just as much black magic as goalies

Reactions: ManVanFan

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Even though they didn't score, that Florida power play was a thing of beauty. Why can't Vancouver's look even 25% of that?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Half of that Panthers team is example why you don't get rid of players that are showing talent but just haven't hit that next level yet.
Have to also ask will they ever hit that new level with your organization? I mean, I didn't think Leclair would be what he became in Philly in Montreal for example.

Would Reinhart have as well in Buffalo?

Sometimes a change is something that benefits a player.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Even though they didn't score, that Florida power play was a thing of beauty. Why can't Vancouver's look even 25% of that?
The Canucks absolutely should be a better powerplay team than the Panthers comparing personnel. It's mindboggling why they're so ****ing bad. Pettersson plays a big part in it, for sure.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Losing a lot of respect for Bieksa today. First defending Trouba now saying Barkov directed goal in with glove even though his hand motion was using stick swing and never let go of stick. Yes hit glove but he did not direct it in purposely.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I was actually proposing an offer sheet at $6.3 million. Rangers won't match. Castonguay might have better ideas to utilize and make Laf a better player. (ex-agent)

I hate to quote myself, but here's what I said last year:

Speculation: - Let's make a list of players that "Could" Be traded for our 1st Round Pick (11th Overall)

Laff with a goal of the playoffs. Man alive what a gamebreaker he has turned out to be. Too bad can't buy low on him anymore. What a series!

I can't beleive Trouba got away without a major shortly afterwards. This league man

Laf making those who wrote him off looking like idiots.

I believe you were laughing at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad