Around the League: The Second Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Another reason I want the Wild to win includes: Vanek signing with Minnesota as a UFA.

If Montreal makes a strong playoff run, and Minnesota gets eliminated in the first round, Montreal might be able to sign him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Another reason I want the Wild to win includes: Vanek signing with Minnesota as a UFA.

If Montreal makes a strong playoff run, and Minnesota gets eliminated in the first round, Montreal might be able to sign him.

i don't think Montreal can woo Vanek. Not really.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Montreal has no cap space. Vanek with the Wild though...

Parise - Koivu - Vanek
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Haula - Coyle
McCormick - Brodziak - Fontaine

That's a very good forward group.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Montreal had the cap room this year, and the cap is rising next year - I'm sure they'd make cap room considering how hot their team is with him. He's their best forward, and made Pacioretty even more dominant.

I think if it comes down to cap, they'd make the room if they do not already have it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
but he has a lot of ties to Minnesota. but yah, I guess Montreal could woo him. It will be interesting because of a lot of factors. (see Subban).

Also: SJ sucks right now.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Montreal has no cap space. Vanek with the Wild though...

Parise - Koivu - Vanek
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Haula - Coyle
McCormick - Brodziak - Fontaine

That's a very good forward group.

Great group but stupid!

What happens when Nino and Granlund want their raises?

Let Mtl over pay for Vanek...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Great group but stupid!

What happens when Nino and Granlund want their raises?

Let Mtl over pay for Vanek...

The Wild need another starting caliber goalie as well. Josh Harding is amazing... when healthy. Unfortunately, given him having MS, he has missed lots of time and will likely not improve in that regard. Whether Kuemper can be that guy, that remains to be seen.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Roy pulled the goalie now? (blink)
Really?

Eakins actually started doing similar goalie pulls in the AHL when he was with the Marlies. It was actually quite successful.

I think someone did some sort of look at it, and determined that pulling you goalie early (with like 3-5 minutes left in the game) was actually more beneficial than with only one minute left.

Not quite as god mode as Varlamov did for Colorado. That was like, Gudlevskis level. That game looked like Canada vs Latvia, and Minnesota was Canada.

Varlamov has been the best goalie in the league this year by my estimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad