Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Yeah seems like a messy situation. Nice to not be on the receiving end of one of those. As Whitney said bruins really played their hand horribly. they knew this summer they would have to commit to one goalie. When they traded ullmark you showed that swayman is your choice. But now it seems like they dont want to commit to him long term but he wants that? How would you not have known this going into the situation and deciding on which one to keep. Seems like they probably could have gotten ullmark to sign the type of deal they are looking for. I wonder what a Swayman trade would have looked like this summer.
It's been supposedly reported that both sides want long-term so money + possibly other perks (lockout protection, NTC/NMC once eligible, signing bonuses) would seem to be the stumblng blocks.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I'm picking the Rangers and Vancouver to be finalists this year with New York winning the cup.

Carolina and Edmonton will be the other two conference finalists. Edmonton's goaltending will let them down. Carolina is good but not better than a Rangers team stacked at every position.

Calgary stinks.

There's organized chaos. And then there's a discombobulated mess. The Flames are the latter.

They'd be best off trading anyone with value for picks.

It won't be easy with those long term high paying contracts to guys like Weegar, Huberdeau, and Kadri. The GM who gave those deals out is a chump. But where there's a will there's a way and besides...

Even if they don't deliberately tank they should still stink enough to finish bottom of the league anyways.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'm picking the Rangers and Vancouver to be finalists this year with New York winning the cup.

Carolina and Edmonton will be the other two conference finalists. Edmonton's goaltending will let them down. Carolina is good but not better than a Rangers team stacked at every position.

Calgary stinks.

There's organized chaos. And then there's a discombobulated mess. The Flames are the latter.

It won't be easy with those long term high paying contracts to guys like Weegar, Huberdeau, and Kadri. The GM who gave those deals out is a chump. But where there's a will there's a way and besides...

Even if they don't deliberately tank they should still stink enough to finish bottom of the league anyways.
Even with demko being injured last year and still being injured today with some mystery injury no hockey player has ever had before?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Even with demko being injured last year and still being injured today with some mystery injury no hockey player has ever had before?

Still better goaltending than Edmonton lol.

But yeah, I'm baking a return of Demko, and in good form too, into these guesses. I specifically picked the two teams I think have the best combination of 1C, 1D, and 1G. Those are the three most important positions in the game and my guess is a team with those specific qualities will take it again this year.

The Leafs four forward experiment will continue to prove a massive and costly boondoggle on the world's largest hockey stage for the umpteenth time in a row.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Rangers maybe. Vancouver, no chance.

Also Carolina was decimated this summer. I think they take a sizable step back

I’m also willing to bet Edmonton doesn’t come close to repeating last season

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth

Calgary stinks.

Dallas from the west for me. East, no friggin clue.
After next year tho, 2 leafs cup wins in 5 years ;-)

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Calgary stinks.

I don't think Carolina will get out of the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad