Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Same here. This patriotism crap is just that. Those other fanbases wouldn't cheer for us, so why the hell should I?

If you think it was bad this year, get ready for a long ass summer.

Yep to all of this

And it's the worst when big companies get on board with the patriotism crap. Boston Pizza can take a lap with their stupid "let's end the drought and bring the cup home to Canada" commercials.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
idk why they are like this. whole series they kept taking shots at Toronto Calgary and Vancouver. It’s very weird. I do feel bad for them and was cheering for them.. just hard to cheer alongside them

Yeah I knew the score while wanting Edmonton to win. Panthers are full of scumbags and I’d have rather tolerated chirping from Oilers fans than see the Panthers lift Lord Stanley. Kind of wavered when Oilers winning meant doing something not done since the middle of WWII but still willing to plug my nose for them.

End of the day this Cup is just another southern US team tasting glory they can’t properly appreciate. No real skin off our noses in terms of historic rivalries or major annoyance.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
The Oilers losing tonight is a Blessing in disguise for the Leafs….he will be motivated to join our team/organization as a free agent and win a cup here. He will become an immortal legend and folk hero here.
Figure he’d be more likely to come if he won the cup tonight as he can see that chapter as closed

Reactions: Jmo89

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
This will go one of two ways, either McDavid is going to be disgruntled, realize he'll never win with the Oilers, and sign with his beloved hometown Maple Leafs, or he's going to realize that winning a Cup isn't all that important to him and he's content with mediocrity, in which case he'll sign with his beloved hometown Maple Leafs.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This will go one of two ways, either McDavid is going to be disgruntled, realize he'll never win with the Oilers, and sign with his beloved hometown Maple Leafs, or he's going to realize that winning a Cup isn't all that important to him and he's content with mediocrity, in which case he'll sign with his beloved hometown Maple Leafs.

He had to break Gretzky's record for them to come this far
He had to score 8 points in 2 games

He had to put on his super hero cap on. They had to play LA and Canucks who lost Demko

A lot had to go right

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Yeah I knew the score while wanting Edmonton to win. Panthers are full of scumbags and I’d have rather tolerated chirping from Oilers fans than see the Panthers lift Lord Stanley. Kind of wavered when Oilers winning meant doing something not done since the middle of WWII but still willing to plug my nose for them.

End of the day this Cup is just another southern US team tasting glory they can’t properly appreciate. No real skin off our noses in terms of historic rivalries or major annoyance.
true, no real Leafs significance. As you get older sports events not going your way in general should be less of an annoyance. I kind of don’t really care as much as I used to. It’s kind of hard to enjoy sports as much now when Sportsnet would rather have someone reading a script off to fill an “analyst” role for diversity and inclusion purposes rather than someone who’s actually good at it. I’m glad I got my fix in before it became this fake.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The State of Florida has 4 Stanley Cups in the past 20 years and 3 of them were won against Canadian teams.

Kinda crazy when you think about it but if I’m trying to find the NFL, NBA, MLB analogy this result doesn’t seem to be the kind of result the league might want to raise its profile.

Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars. I feel like most of those teams winning would be bad for their leagues.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Kinda torn. On the one hand it sucks that the Panthers won because I hate them, on the otherhand even though I wasn't cheering for the Oilers very hard, it would've been nice to see the cup come back to Canada for the first time in so long although of course I hope its the Leafs that can do that someday.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

So he is coming home. Nice!

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
This game 7 just shows you how far the Leafs are from doing any damage in the playoffs. They don't have the intensity/passion or willingness to fight thru 4 rounds let alone 1.

Can you see Matthews playing as hard as McDavid or Barkov? Can you see Reilly taking punishment to make plays? Don't even get me started about 16 cause he is the definition of a non-player performer.

Leafs are so far away from the intensity of this game 7

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He had to break Gretzky's record for them to come this far
He had to score 8 points in 2 games

He had to put on his super hero cap on. They had to play LA and Canucks who lost Demko

A lot had to go right

McDavid’s Game 6 and 7 were disappointing. A 27 year old Wayne Gretzky would not have tripped up in those showcase moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad