Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
LMAO!

Some were worried about potential trolling in our forum tonight. Something tells me Oilers fans will stay on their side for a while.
idk why they are like this. whole series they kept taking shots at Toronto Calgary and Vancouver. It’s very weird. I do feel bad for them and was cheering for them.. just hard to cheer alongside them

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In the end, I'm glad I didn't get on the Oiler bandwagon because at the end of the day, their glory is theirs and so is their defeat. I'm happy not to share in either, but I was a little bummed out we didn't see any all-time career defining moments from Connor McDavid, and all we got was a POS 2-1 game won on a trash goal like so many Game 7's.

I don't like the Florida Panthers top to bottom, so phooey to them.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Oilers window has closed in my opinion, unfortunately

Bouchard is going to ask for 8 million
Drai is going to ask for 14 million

That's a lot of dough for 2 players. They can buy out one of Campbell or Nurse. Most likely Campbell

It took McDavid to break Gretzky's record for the Oilers to be here

Reactions: ruaware41

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
idk why they are like this. whole series they kept taking shots at Toronto Calgary and Vancouver. It’s very weird. I do feel bad for them and was cheering for them.. just hard to cheer alongside them

Exactly why I'll never cheer for them. They have a very unhealthy infatuation with Toronto. Very weird.

Oilers window has closed in my opinion, unfortunately

Bouchard is going to ask for 8 million
Drai is going to ask for 14 million

That's a lot of dough for 2 players. They can buy out one of Campbell or Nurse. Most likely Campbell

It took McDavid to break Gretzky's record for the Oilers to be here

Don't forget McDavid asking for league max on his next contract.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
In the end, I'm glad I didn't get on the Oiler bandwagon because at the end of the day, their glory is theirs and so is their defeat. I'm happy not to share in either, but I was a little bummed out we didn't see any all-time career defining moments from Connor McDavid, and all we got was a POS 2-1 game won on a trash goal like so many Game 7's.

Same here.

I will never buy into that nonsense about cheering on a Canadian team. Only time I'd do that is if the Habs or Sens were in the final and then I cheer for Oilers, Jets , Canucks or Flames.

I've had enough of the Oilers and McDavid glazing for this year.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The Panthers certainly did a Hawk Tuah to avoid choking a 3-0 SCF series lead, lol.

hawk-tuah.gif

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Same here.

I will never buy into that nonsense about cheering on a Canadian team. Only time I'd do that is if the Habs or Sens were in the final and then I cheer for Oilers, Jets , Canucks or Flames.

I've had enough of the Oilers and McDavid glazing for this year.

Same here. This patriotism crap is just that. Those other fanbases wouldn't cheer for us, so why the hell should I?

If you think it was bad this year, get ready for a long ass summer.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021

The Oilers losing tonight is a Blessing in disguise for the Leafs….he will be motivated to join our team/organization as a free agent and win a cup here. He will become an immortal legend and folk hero here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Oilers losing tonight is a Blessing in disguise for the Leafs….he will be motivated to join our team/organization as a free agent and win a cup here. He will become an immortal legend and folk hero here.

I’d have preferred McDavid score 2 goals late and delivered a cup so we were getting the real deal.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Exactly why I'll never cheer for them. They have a very unhealthy infatuation with Toronto. Very weird.

Don't forget McDavid asking for league max on his next contract.
I hear you. the Canadian in me just ends up winning and so I decided to cheer for them. It was easier to cheer during the Canucks finals run without social media. the Ottawa run was what I was most pumped about back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad