Post-Game Talk: Around the league: Playoffs IV | Let's Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuues!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
On Holland: I think it can go either way, but it rarely seems to work when teams go out and get their perfect guy for some reason. I guess even though a lot of the time they are good GMs, they take all their clout and make big bold moves that fail a lot of the time. Or something.

I think "the perfect guy" is often a guy who was surrounded by competency in his previous job. If they're the reason for said competency they will likely do fine, if they were being propped up they will collapse when they no longer have that support.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
On Holland: I think it can go either way, but it rarely seems to work when teams go out and get their perfect guy for some reason. I guess even though a lot of the time they are good GMs, they take all their clout and make big bold moves that fail a lot of the time. Or something.

Here's hoping.

Best case -- it blows up in Edmonton's face like everything else they do.

Edit -- just read about Katz, that's terrible...all the best to him.

Luongos Knob

Daaaaa Nucks
Jan 20, 2009
4 games in the finals for rome because he hit horton too hard and his head hit the ice in 2011
1 game in the conference final for a targeted headshot in 2019

b28.png

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Cmon Blues. How the hell are the Stars still in this? My god...

edit: seriously? What the f*** is going on?!?!

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I would have enjoyed the 90s throwback novelty of a Colorado - Dallas WCF, but the better team won and that's more important

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Go go team canada!!!

I will miss the "DALLAS..STARS!.. DALLAS..STARS!!" chant though...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
By my count, Edmonton has 3 guys who seem to be carrying out the role of team President - Holland, Nicholson, and Lowe.

That doesn’t seem to be a formula for success, but maybe it’s better than us with 0.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Whew! Happy the Blues won. Now it's time for the Avs to dump the Sharks (grrrr).
I'm okay with either the Blues or the Avs coming out of the west (soft spot for the cupless Blues).

Hate the Bruins, who'll likely beat Carolina (yawn). So.......Blues vs Bruins - a team to like and a team to hate.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
4 games in the finals for rome because he hit horton too hard and his head hit the ice in 2011
1 game in the conference final for a targeted headshot in 2019

Too bad they didn't bring up the Horton/Rome hit in that little highlight reel for Burke to explain. I've been waiting for an explanation that wasn't Canucks/Bruins for almost a decade now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad