Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Oof, don't love that. The Leaf had his leg extended and didn't even make an attempt to move laterally to get the body. I wouldn't say it was malicious per se, but it does kind of speak to a lack of respect for other players and how dangerous the game can be.

And historically, that's another one of the dangers of preseason- lots of marginal guys actively trying to do damage to the other team's guys so coaches notice them. Much less of an issue than it used to be, but there's always a few.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Oof, don't love that. The Leaf had his leg extended and didn't even make an attempt to move laterally to get the body. I wouldn't say it was malicious per se, but it does kind of speak to a lack of respect for other players and how dangerous the game can be.

And historically, that's another one of the dangers of preseason- lots of marginal guys actively trying to do damage to the other team's guys so coaches notice them. Much less of an issue than it used to be, but there's always a few.

Reactions: MinJaBen

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

Still can’t believe this kid slipped to 7th overall…

Seems like several people have reported, I know I've heard Elliotte mention it again even recently on a pod, that he gamed the process to get to the Flyers. A team could have called his bluff but that's probably scary to do with a top six pick.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Seems like several people have reported, I know I've heard Elliotte mention it again even recently on a pod, that he gamed the process to get to the Flyers. A team could have called his bluff but that's probably scary to do with a top six pick.
Why would a Russian teenager game the process to end up in…..Philly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad