Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The NHL just posted this to Facebook. Crazy that we gave up on what ended up being a top pairing dman so soon… :sarcasm:

IMG_0858.jpeg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The NHL just posted this to Facebook. Crazy that we gave up on what ended up being a top pairing dman so soon… :sarcasm:

View attachment 894696
Are they actually going to try to play NHL games with that defense? I guess when you have those goalies, it doesn't really matter what kind of defense you have, you're losing anyway.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

View attachment 894696

Kylington is still an UFA. I wonder if Calgary turns back to him and gives him a 1 year prove-it. He probably doesn't want to play for a group that looks like it's going to be a flaming dumpster fire, but considering Calgary's lack of depth (to put it mildly), it could be good for him to return there and get tons of minutes.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
On one hand, good for Bean to get that opportunity. On the other hand, the Flames are probably going to be bottom 5 this year, so he's probably part of the tank command.

The Jackets still don't have a coach. Not sure what's the deal there. If they haven't, they ought to give Mike Velluchi a call (assuming he isn't restricted from leaving the Penguins). Kind of surprised he hasn't gotten an NHL HC job yet.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
On one hand, good for Bean to get that opportunity. On the other hand, the Flames are probably going to be bottom 5 this year, so he's probably part of the tank command.

The Jackets still don't have a coach. Not sure what's the deal there. If they haven't, they ought to give Mike Velluchi a call (assuming he isn't restricted from leaving the Penguins). Kind of surprised he hasn't gotten an NHL HC job yet.
They reportedly only wanted experienced NHL head coaches. They also reportedly wanted Todd McLellan but could not work out the payment structure between what the Jackets would pay him this year and what the Kings would pay of his previous, remaining contract.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
with STL having too many defenders, we know that Krug will be on LTIR this season after the news of arthritic symptoms.

Reactions: DaveG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Good lord.

I mean, I wouldn't be upset with the Flyers if they give it to him because that has big time backfiring potential.
TK is a helluva player, but at $12M, give me two Vincent Trochecks or a Jake Debrusk + Connor Garland. I think he just wants out of Philly and will take closer to $9 or $10M long term with a different team.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's tough to guage where contracts for players like that are going to land with the rising cap. That might be the reality of it soon enough.

Reactions: BHD

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Until the cap surpasses $100M only the truly elite players should be getting north of $10M/yr
Probably, but that may not end up being reality. Especially when the player can leave soon and the team has not been good. Granted, it's always worth taking these what the player's asking for things with a grain of salt. It often comes in quite below that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad