Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was watching Rangers-Panthers the other night and thought, some of the Canes would be crawling back to the bench, the play was so physical. Hyperbole, yes … but some element of truth to it as well.
I suspect those two teams bring it out in each other?

The Canes played both of those two teams the last two year in the playoff (and the Rangers the year before that). Other than Trouba taking Jarvis out, I don't recall them being anywhere near that physical.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How many times is Trouba going to blatantly lead with the elbow before the league suspends him?
But a bunch of rags fans on the main board whose only athletic accomplishment in life was contracting athletes foot are saying ERod was faking it.

Heenanposting (playing heel wrestling commentator to rile people up) is just the worst.

Reactions: Tryamw

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
But a bunch of rags fans on the main board whose only athletic accomplishment in life was contracting athletes foot are saying ERod was faking it.

Heenanposting (playing heel wrestling commentator to rile people up) is just the worst.
Just remember that just three years ago they were all pissing themselves over Tom Wilson's "horrifying act of violence."

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
No reason to hate on that but plenty of reason to hate how he plays

The only part of his game I hate is that the refs give preferential treatment in NY to his style of play and he received none of that here. It's an issue with the NHL, IMO, that our team basically has to be a bunch of choir boys like Slavin in order to not take penalties, while a team like the Rangers don't need to give a shit.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The only thing that is going to stop Trouba is someone getting fed up and taking matters into their own hands, because the league clearly doesn't give a shit about player safety.

And given the gaslighting and the current climate of society pushing everyone to the extreme, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a fan finding him in the wild with very ill intentions at hand.

Reactions: Tryamw

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The only thing that is going to stop Trouba is someone getting fed up and taking matters into their own hands, because the league clearly doesn't give a shit about player safety.

Addendum: the NHL doesn't give a shit about player safety when it comes to their favorite O6 cash-cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad