GDT: The League 2023-24 Playoffs Edition: Round 3-Final Four Is Set & The Oilers Are In It!!!

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
PLD - Pretty lacking drive
You think you can win something, with this guy playing top-6 minutes, you get what you deserve lol. Tough finish, the Swiss were good, they're really coming

Never a shootout or 3 on 3 in elimination games. No way - never. Hate it.

Aaaaand we lose.
But they had pld shoot though lol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Canada has one gamebreaker - Bedard basically.

Rest are a bunch of professional chokers
Honestly it was the system and roster usage, just terrible. They had talent, they just never put themselves in a position to succeed

Geunther impressed me in this tournament, honestly I would call Utah a bunch trying to pry him loose, I think he's ready for NHL top-9 time and would stay cheap for a bit

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Game 7 on June 24 is ridiculous. Playoffs should never go past the end of May.
Start the season Early to Mid-September. Wouldn't it be better if the NHL playoffs weren't happening at the exact same time as the NBA playoffs. I don't get it.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Start the season Early to Mid-September. Wouldn't it be better if the NHL playoffs weren't happening at the exact same time as the NBA playoffs. I don't get it.

US teams don’t want to go up against the NFL in the fall. They’d even like the league to start in November. With soon to be 36 teams in the league I’d expect an even longer season ahead which is stupid.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think this is the best unknown Gretzky quotes ever. “I want that puck. And you guys get your own puck.” :laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Didn't watch one minute of the World Championships and stopped following it after we got McDrai. Always felt its the loser championships with most of the players seeming to come from NHL teams missing playoffs or losing in first round. I only watched it years before if I was interested in How Oilers players were doing.

Yeah, Kevin Fiala, who did nothing for the team that pays him all year was all pumped to win this for Switzerland. f*** him. But thats part of the problem is that the WC just means more to Euro players now. For Canadian players, most of them playing professionally in US, it just starts seeming like an obligation to those that even agree to go. Its a complete nothing tournament. Don't know anybody that even watches it.

In North America we care about the SC playoffs. To Europe the World Championships is the thing. meh

A player like Kevin Fiala, who disappears every NHL postseason, is just perpetuating a stereotype that he cares more about the WC than about NHL playoffs, and the team that is paying him. So that Kevin Fiala bettered his entire playoff production in one game today. Glad I didn't watch. Kevin Fiala says "our team" and means the Swiss. He barely performs for LA. lol. he should just stay in Switzerland. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad