Around The League 2021 season - part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
H
Zacha and unknown and a late first. For jack??that is a no brainer you do that every second you can
Hell ya but that would get out bid pretty easily.
It would take one player that would suck a ton to lose plus one or more 1st round picks.
As in one of Hughes Nico Smith plus a pick plus a prospect or later round pick.
I’d try to do anything around anyone but those 3 (and Blackwood) .
Bratt Zacha Mercer Holtz Shakir Foote Boqvist Bahl Shara - some combo of those plus our 1st this year plus ?? Both firsts ?
It wouldn’t be enough. It would take a blue chip prospect like a Byfield / Zegras /Lafreniere / Kakko plus ?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I cannot remember what team just recently did this , but they offered every single pick they had in that years draft in trade for a player. I’d do that without a doubt . If you think about it along the lines es of what compensation would cost whole offer sheeting a player like Eichel that carries a 10 mil per cap hit , it would be way less painful just handing over all of this years picks (especially when it’s not that deep of a draft and unknown prospects due to COVID)

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
So Eichel's injury is a herniated disc in his neck. I had that too. It's something that can absolutely be managed without surgery. Without surgery, it can happen again, for sure, but it's really not something you NEED surgery for. I don't blame the Sabres here, tbh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I cannot remember what team just recently did this , but they offered every single pick they had in that years draft in trade for a player. I’d do that without a doubt . If you think about it along the lines es of what compensation would cost whole offer sheeting a player like Eichel that carries a 10 mil per cap hit , it would be way less painful just handing over all of this years picks (especially when it’s not that deep of a draft and unknown prospects due to COVID)

I would never ever ever hand our entire draft this year for Eichel. That's insane.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’d think long and hard about it. Players like Eichel never become available. Signed for term too. Hasn’t hit his prime yet and is a stud 1c. It would not be worth the cost for the Devils. We have 2 deadly C already . Adding Eichel would make one expendable to move for a top D but I would not want to move Hughes or Nico. I love both and Hughes could be something very amazing and Nico is the type of C you need to win

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don't think its losing culture, its dysfunction from the very top. Coach hiring and personnel decisions make little sense most of the time. If Eichel needs surgery and the team wont let him get it that has nothing to do winning or losing that is a massive disconnect from reality. That entire organization is a prime example of malpractice and it sucks for a majority of the players.

Regardless of getting paid to play a game they love it sounds SOOOO much worse then we could of anticipated. Maybe Eichel is playing into it a little bit and it isn't as bad but they really should replace all of management. Pegula should hire someone to pick a GM for him because he has no f***ing clue what he needs to get that thing moving in the right direction.
Yeah, say what you will about Eichel he got injured in the off-season and played with it. (That’s why he wasn’t scoring goals, he wasn’t the sandbagging piece of crap.)

He got a different injury in a game against us and Krueger lied about it or weirdly misspoke and said something completely wrong that Eichel had to correct when reporters asked him about it.

He missed two games then came back because the Sabres were losing, he was clearly hampered by the two (?) injuries. And then he crashed into the board headfirst into boards against the NYI.

The Sabres were weird about the neck injury, claiming he would come back and when they announced he would need surgery they were quick to claim it was unrelated to his two earlier injuries.

I don’t know what’s going on with his neck surgery not happening. It seems like there’s a lot of speculation about what’s really going on but, wow, this looks bad. I’m assuming the Sabres org handled it poorly because that’s what they’ve been doing for a while now. Yikes.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I would never ever ever hand our entire draft this year for Eichel. That's insane.

it would never happen but that’s a better deal imo then say

trading prospects in system/young nhl talent or multiple first round picks.

if you were to trade all your picks in one single draft then after the second round the sabers would legit be lucky to land any type of nhl talent. Can they find players in round 3-4-5 etc? Of course but is it likely not even remotely close.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So Eichel's injury is a herniated disc in his neck. I had that too. It's something that can absolutely be managed without surgery. Without surgery, it can happen again, for sure, but it's really not something you NEED surgery for. I don't blame the Sabres here, tbh.

his may be impinging on his spinal cord or the disc may have desiccated enough to pinch the nerves exiting at a cervical level. At that point surgery may be the only thing to relieve the pain or weakness.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I thought that Hall lost a step after his last knee injury. He is starting to look closer to how he was playing when he won the Hart.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Despite the mixed opinions on Hynes he has Nashville in the playoffs. All while having 2 underachieving centers in Duchene and Johansen...

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Despite the mixed opinions on Hynes he has Nashville in the playoffs. All while having 2 underachieving centers in Duchene and Johansen...
He also had his goalie put up a .927 save% as well as a really good blueline. With the talent on that team, as well as the division they were in, playoffs were the expectation and they barely snuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad