Around The League 2021 season - part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Boy, this just looks awful on Buffalo’s part even more so.

Eichel sounds like he gets emotional around the 37 second mark about the subject.

Yeah this particular Eichel thing looks like the same shit the Mets pulled with Jed Lowrie the last two years, wouldn’t let him get surgery so he couldn’t play and they just collected insurance reimbursement. He finally gets the surgery after his contract is up and voila he’s back from the dead with Oakland this year.

You would think these teams would rather let their prized commodities get healthy but sometimes these aren’t very smart people.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I don't think its losing culture, its dysfunction from the very top. Coach hiring and personnel decisions make little sense most of the time. If Eichel needs surgery and the team wont let him get it that has nothing to do winning or losing that is a massive disconnect from reality. That entire organization is a prime example of malpractice and it sucks for a majority of the players.

Regardless of getting paid to play a game they love it sounds SOOOO much worse then we could of anticipated. Maybe Eichel is playing into it a little bit and it isn't as bad but they really should replace all of management. Pegula should hire someone to pick a GM for him because he has no f***ing clue what he needs to get that thing moving in the right direction.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
No he's not. The team just sucks. Are we seriously going to act like they lose because Eichel is the captain and he's poisoned everything?
I think he is memeing about the constant "losing culture" debates we had for two months lol.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019

giphy.gif

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I wouldn’t take Eichel unless it was for peanuts, we have other needs anyway

Ya, I could do a huge volume of “ok” stuff for Eichel but I don’t want to give up a premium younger piece.

And since I wouldn’t give up the premium piece I assume Buffalo wouldn’t even need to discuss further.

He does make total sense for the Rangers. They can give up a younger premium piece to speed up their window and end up matching better with Panarin’s best years.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Way too much for my liking.

No way. You take that deal and run if you’re the Devils. Eichel is probably a top 5 player in the entire league when healthy. Getting him without dealing Hughes, Hischier, Smith and our 1st this year is an absolute no brainer.

Honestly, I would be open to most combinations that don’t include Nico, Jack or Ty.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
And not enough from Buffalo pov. We'd have to give up Hischier or Hughes in such a trade.

Non-starters for me - rather just keep the guys we have.

I'm fine with the timeline we're currently on. Eichel is probably better off going to a team that can contend sooner anyway versus continuing with a rebuild.

Reactions: Guttersniped

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
And not enough from Buffalo pov. We'd have to give up Hischier or Hughes in such a trade.

Pretty sure in the end everyone will be super amazed at how “little” he gets traded for.

Unknown severity of neck injury
10 million cap hit.

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad