Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Players like Matthews and Marner have ton of leverage. What can teams do? They need the star players.

It is insane, both Matthews and Tavares get 15.9m in the first years. The Leafs spend over 120m on this two players and 110m is signing bonus.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Jesus, was anyone else as baffled as I was to watch not one, but two teams capable of stringing passes together in that Tampa video? Even with the turnovers, I'm envious.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Randy, leading the cycle...

tenor.gif

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Conspiracy theory: Matthews got overpaid cause his agent thinks he will become the greatest American Goal Scorer & has to be way overpaid to stay in Canada or he'll request a trade to the LA/ANA/ARI/SJ (He's born in Cali & grew up in Arizona). I don't believe he'll be a life long Leaf in his career & it'll be Karma when he leaves them like Tavares leaving NYI.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
BB is floundering in Minnesota. What if we rehire BB as soon as he gets fired from Minnesota.

That's would be the most iconic BM thing to do.

Like I said before, imho Eakins coaching from next summer was always plan A.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We are going to have to start instituting a draft pick watch in this thread. Tonight we have a chance to drop (rise?) To the third overall pick, but it probably won't happen.

New Jersey @ St. Louis, one point behind us with a game in hand.

Detroit @ Nashville, two points behind us with same games played.

Ottawa hosting Carolina, four points behind us with a game in hand.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Thursday is a good night for us. Ottawa is playing at Detroit. Someone is going to win and pick up two points. Ideally it will be a three point game so both teams gain on us.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We are going to have to start instituting a draft pick watch in this thread. Tonight we have a chance to drop (rise?) To the third overall pick, but it probably won't happen.

New Jersey @ St. Louis, one point behind us with a game in hand.

Detroit @ Nashville, two points behind us with same games played.

Ottawa hosting Carolina, four points behind us with a game in hand.
Yeah we should. I see OTT as having the best chance to win of the 3, Carolina is historicly mediocre & can lose or win vs lottery pick team.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Thursday is a good night for us. Ottawa is playing at Detroit. Someone is going to win and pick up two points. Ideally it will be a three point game so both teams gain on us.
OT game with Bobby Ryan scoring the game winner.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Am I the only one "worried" that the team will be motivated and start playing like they did in the first period of games before the all star break? When they would jump out to a closeout goal lead before they blew it... but now play motivated enough to win a few of those, just enough to get a mediocre pick

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Am I the only one "worried" that the team will be motivated and start playing like they did in the first period of games before the all star break? When they would jump out to a closeout goal lead before they blew it... but now play motivated enough to win a few of those, just enough to get a mediocre pick

It's more that someone like me is the odd man out. I want the team to succeed. I don't give a shit about landing a mystery box till the playoffs are out of reach; which they are not.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It's more that someone like me is the odd man out. I want the team to succeed. I don't give a **** about landing a mystery box till the playoffs are out of reach; which they are not.

I know what you mean, but I think watching last year's playoffs was more miserable than missing. If they do well, I hope they really do well... not just good enough to get a crap pick and not win a playoff game. Either way, hopefully they are entertaining

Reactions: Exit Dose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad