Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Gloating invites the "told you so" response.
The rules are the rules regardless and that's always how it has been. Kicking a fanbase while they're down is never okay. A handful of Habs posters being know-it-all jerks do not represent the whole and do not justify that kind of response towards other Habs fans.

To be perfectly frank, if I had moderator powers on that forum, I'd have locked the thread too. There's already a mains discussion about the hit.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The rules are the rules regardless and that's always how it has been. Kicking a fanbase while they're down is never okay. A handful of Habs posters being know-it-all jerks do not represent the whole and do not justify that kind of response towards other Habs fans.

To be perfectly frank, if I had moderator powers on that forum, I'd have locked the thread too. There's already a mains discussion about the hit.
What rule closes a thread as soon as someone gets injured?

If kicking a fanbase while down actually applied, then many threads that the Jackets are involved in should be closed early on.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What rule closes a thread as soon as someone gets injured?
Per rules against moderator action disclosure I'm not at liberty to reveal details. I will note, though, that the existence of a thread about the hit on the mains made the closure of the trade thread much more likely. (That's the basis on which I'd personally have made the call if it was me.)
If kicking a fanbase while down actually applied, then many threads that the Jackets are involved in should be closed early on.
Thread closures aren't common but post cleanup is and that's frequently done. Again, per disclosure/privacy rules I'm not at liberty to be more specific. If you have continued concerns about the policy, there's a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page that puts you in touch with the admin staff.

Believe me, the way the Jackets fanbase gets kicked around on the mains sometimes drives me up a wall as much as any of y'all. And I do personally do what I can where possible.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad