OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Someone from Tampa asked 32 Thoughts about synthetic ice.

I'd like to think I had 100% influence on that, but it's probably only 99%.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

MLH could work if it was a money laundering scheme. Some Russian oligarch keeps pumping money into the league, and after the season takes back all the (cap) money allocated, but not spent.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
MLH updated their website again.

new parts:
MLH is searching for candidates in many areas of hockey operations.

The inaugural draft of 880 professional Free Agents and graduating NCAA, Major Junior and U-Sport players has already taken place.
Markets Almost Full

Experienced pro players and administrators with NHL, AHL, KHL etc. experience

Experienced pro sports administrators (baseball, basketball, soccer, U-Sports)

Entry level positions for those without pro experience will be posted early September
IF you meet these criteria, use the button below.

Players not drafted are welcome to attend 3-day Free Agent Camps in Toronto or Minneapolis in September. Registration instructions will be posted on the website in August.

edit: I'm obviously crawling through the MLH website's code. Here are some things that I've turned up.

The blue hog jersey is labeled "Kansas City Hawgs jersey". I've already checked the trademark website, and it's not registered.

the bronze and reddish Arizona Coyotes looking cap is called "Saints Innagural Cap" [sic]. I had to look at it a while, but the logo is actually a St. Bernard. The bottom left of the logo is the alcohol barrel. The dog is looking up and to (your) left. The site consistently misspells it as innagural, both in the file name, and the image itself.

the 'S' coin is for Saskatoon.

I'm seeing a cursive looking 'Rex' logo that doesn't appear on the website.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
They say another team will go for a rebrand next season. I think the Caps should be next. Isn’t their 50th season coming up?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Yahoo Sports' Ross Dellenger said the issue with athlete employment is that there are “plenty of D1 athletic programs that get their funding from state dollars and in university support in student fees,” so schools could be “using student fees and state funding to pay athletes whose sports generate zero revenue.” He said the move to be “anti-employment” stems from serval factors. Dellenger: “Number one, they believe that the majority of athletes don't want to be employees. Number two, they believe that the majority of NCAA athletic programs will not, cannot or will not -- probably more cannot -- pay athletes salaries. And if they have to, they will choose not to, and they'll close the programs." A third reason is because employment “would change a lot of what they just did” in the antitrust settlements. Dellenger said employment “would permit athletes to unionize,” and he does not “believe college leaders want unionized employees as athletes” (“College Football Enquirer,” Yahoo Sports, 6/12).
This will be a good wedge issue this election season.

It feels like something that will get an executive order at some point.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Kill me. I miss not hearing about money lines every 10 seconds. I made the mistake some months ago of watching ESPN and they were talking about the 76ers and whoever it was hollers at the top of his lungs "MAN PULL ME UP THE DRAFT KINGS BETTING ODDS!!!!!" and incoherently rambled for the next several minutes about how even Vegas doesn't believe in them and that's why the 76ers aren't good

Part of me died that day. Please make it illegal again

Reactions: Renopucker

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Kill me. I miss not hearing about money lines every 10 seconds. I made the mistake some months ago of watching ESPN and they were talking about the 76ers and whoever it was hollers at the top of his lungs "MAN PULL ME UP THE DRAFT KINGS BETTING ODDS!!!!!" and incoherently rambled for the next several minutes about how even Vegas doesn't believe in them and that's why the 76ers aren't good

Part of me died that day. Please make it illegal again
I see a lot of advertising, but not that much about specific odds.

I figure we're just in a sport betting bubble. There are too many ads for too many companies. They won't all last.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I see a lot of advertising, but not that much about specific odds.

I figure we're just in a sport betting bubble. There are too many ads for too many companies. They won't all last.
I have complained long enough but it needs to stop. I think if enough dudes get suspended for life over sports betting it'll be outlawed again

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I have complained long enough but it needs to stop. I think if enough dudes get suspended for life over sports betting it'll be outlawed again
Sports leagues are privately owned. It's their decisions to give out these bans.

I feel like a lifetime ban comes across as over the top, and I'd believe that a lot of young players would think that the league would change their mind at some point.

Now, if the leagues starting giving away 3-year suspensions, it's long enough to end a playing career, but short enough to seem like they'd follow through.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Eric Tulsky confirms my suspicion that a midweek game in Ottawa is the most regular of the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad