Arizona Cardinals sell playoff tickets to those living in an AZ zip code only

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
What? I'm talking about Cards fans in other states.

wirXNSF.gif

(Disclaimer: I am not a Cards fan).

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The "packers have a better record and they wouldn't have to deal with this" argument is WOAT. The fans literally have no control over that, why punish them? Literally has nothing to do with that at all. Some of the crap people say , just to get a rise out of others or sound witty :facepalm:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The "packers have a better record and they wouldn't have to deal with this" argument is WOAT. The fans literally have no control over that, why punish them? Literally has nothing to do with that at all. Some of the crap people say , just to get a rise out of others or sound witty :facepalm:

Or maybe because it's true.

The game is sold out. It sold out in an hour. All the tickets went to locals, presumably most of them being actual Cardinal fans. That is a perk of cheering for a good team. If Packer fans wanted to go to this game, well, too bad. Their team wasn't good enough to host. No, the fans don't have control over that, but it's not exactly a punishment either. It's the Cardinals rewarding their fans. I'd like to see more teams do this. Assuming the game is sold out, why wouldn't you want it packed full of home fans?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They aren't the first team to do this, and they certainly won't be the last. Entirely their right to do this, so I won't complain; but that being said, I never want to hear from any team that intentionally tries to keep other fans out for any game to ever complain about attendance for so much as a single second ever again.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
They aren't the first team to do this, and they certainly won't be the last. Entirely their right to do this, so I won't complain; but that being said, I never want to hear from any team that intentionally tries to keep other fans out for any game to ever complain about attendance for so much as a single second ever again.

Well, I don't want to hear any team complain about attendance period when 90% of the concerns can be fixed by not sucking, and the other 10% are stadium location/quality problems, which are also (mostly) on the team.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, I don't want to hear any team complain about attendance period when 90% of the concerns can be fixed by not sucking, and the other 10% are stadium location/quality problems, which are also (mostly) on the team.

That's apples and oranges. A bad stadium location can be the result of a number of factors that are not even necessarily a current owner's fault. And especially considering that this tends to rear it's head come playoff time (though regular season variants do exist), it's not a matter of teams stinking either.

An active policy to keep opposing fans out of a stadium/arena, on the other hand, is entirely a current ownership move. Every team has the right to do so if they wish, I won't fault them for a second. But if I hear the Cardinals or any other team that does this complain down the line about not having enough butts in the seats for any game going forward, you better believe I'm going to point to this.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That's apples and oranges. A bad stadium location can be the result of a number of factors that are not even necessarily a current owner's fault. And especially considering that this tends to rear it's head come playoff time (though regular season variants do exist), it's not a matter of teams stinking either.

An active policy to keep opposing fans out of a stadium/arena, on the other hand, is entirely a current ownership move. Every team has the right to do so if they wish, I won't fault them for a second. But if I hear the Cardinals or any other team that does this complain down the line about not having enough butts in the seats for any game going forward, you better believe I'm going to point to this.

If they were in danger of not filling the stadium, I'm sure they wouldn't do this

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
But if I hear the Cardinals or any other team that does this complain down the line about not having enough butts in the seats for any game going forward, you better believe I'm going to point to this.

The Cardinals have sold out every game since they moved to the new stadium in 2006, so I don't think it will be a problem.

pockets

I haven't slept for 10 days cuz that'd be too long
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Broncos have done this in the past as well, last time I remember hearing about it was the AFC Championship game two years ago against the Pats.

May 23, 2012
This kind of stuff is BS, i dont care if you want the stadium to be 100% full of your fans, its not fair to packers fans (or any other fans, for any other playoff games) that they now have to pay even more off a scalper or Stubhub to see their favorite team play.

I disagree with you, but i'll add a caveat. Anyone can attend the games, but you're not allowed to wear visiting team colors or jerseys. You can go, and cheer, but no gear.

Ive been to plenty of games where there was a 'popular' team in town, and the fans of those teams overrun the stadium or arena, how is that fair to people who want to experience a partisan crowd of people rooting for the same team they are?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I disagree with you, but i'll add a caveat. Anyone can attend the games, but you're not allowed to wear visiting team colors or jerseys. You can go, and cheer, but no gear.

Ive been to plenty of games where there was a 'popular' team in town, and the fans of those teams overrun the stadium or arena, how is that fair to people who want to experience a partisan crowd of people rooting for the same team they are?

Most teams whose home crowds get outnumbered like that couldn't afford to scare off visiting fans of popular teams because it's a big part of their income. You'll never see the Sun Belt teams in the NHL actually try to stop the Wings, Hawks, Sabres, etc. fans during the regular season because hey those guys have been keeping you afloat for 20 years now. So trying to stop them come playoff time is pretty hypocritical if you're the Panthers or Yotes. Hey without those fans you'd already be in Hamilton.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm sure this kind of thing in soccer isn't just a happenstance:

fans_1297997a.jpg

Makes you feel a twinge of pride even our lowest fans (Raiders) aren't near this bad.

May 23, 2012
Most teams whose home crowds get outnumbered like that couldn't afford to scare off visiting fans of popular teams because it's a big part of their income. You'll never see the Sun Belt teams in the NHL actually try to stop the Wings, Hawks, Sabres, etc. fans during the regular season because hey those guys have been keeping you afloat for 20 years now. So trying to stop them come playoff time is pretty hypocritical if you're the Panthers or Yotes. Hey without those fans you'd already be in Hamilton.

Would these fans not attend if they werent allowed to wear jerseys?

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
This kind of stuff is BS, i dont care if you want the stadium to be 100% full of your fans, its not fair to packers fans (or any other fans, for any other playoff games) that they now have to pay even more off a scalper or Stubhub to see their favorite team play.
The Cardinals are running a business. They dictate how and to whom they sell their tickets. If Packers fans don't like it they don't have to come.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
When I travel to see my teams on the road I always use sites like stubhub and never buy from the team and I'm sure most of the packer fans trying to go to the game live in Arizona

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
When I travel to see my teams on the road I always use sites like stubhub and never buy from the team and I'm sure most of the packer fans trying to go to the game live in Arizona

There were at least 5 planes heading out of Milwaukee filled with Packer fans going to the game who got tickets, hotel and transportation through a travel agency up here.

So there were quite a few people going to the game that didn't live in Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad