Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Riley Nash claimed off waivers by the Coyotes from the Lightning

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Riley Nash went from the new Jets to Lightning, and now to the old Jets.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I said it before, the last time he was claimed. Putting Riley Nash on the ice is like subtracting time from the clock. Because absolutely nothing happens for either team for about 30 seconds.

It's a useful tool for a coach.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I said it before the last time he was claimed. Putting Riley Nash on the ice is like subtracting time from the clock. Because absolutely nothing happens for either team for about 30 seconds.

That's an underrated valuable thing to have.

I was hoping the Oilers would get Riley Nash. Imagine being able to just run the clock in between McDavid+Draisaitl shifts?

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Riley waiting at the airport for the ride he was promised by our ownership
giphy.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Hooray! We’re saved!
He’s a great character guy for the room, a first rate defensive forward and then you flip him at the TDL. I would take him on the Devils. (I admit I always had a soft spot for Nash.)

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
most vanilla player in the NHL. but most people like vanilla. coyotes will get a 6th round
pick at the deadline for him. maybe more if he scores a few goals the week before, because
GMs are impossibly bad with overpaying for recency bias.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
most vanilla player in the NHL. but most people like vanilla. coyotes will get a 6th round
pick at the deadline for him. maybe more if he scores a few goals the week before, because
GMs are impossibly bad with overpaying for recency bias.
They might just re-sign him. They’ll have a tough time attracting UFAs and they have like Five dudes signed for next year. Haha.

Reactions: ck26

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I said it before, the last time he was claimed. Putting Riley Nash on the ice is like subtracting time from the clock. Because absolutely nothing happens for either team for about 30 seconds.

This was likely the Riley Nash of past. This year on the Jets he was actually bad and pretty much useless, that's why he got waived. It isn't surprising that even a powerhouse like TBL couldn't be what he needed to get it going. Ain't the same dude he once was.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
This was likely the Riley Nash of past. This year on the Jets he was actually bad and pretty much useless, that's why he got waived. It isn't surprising that even a powerhouse like TBL couldn't be what he needed to get it going. Ain't the same dude he once was.
I'll be honest--whenever I heard a color commentator say that Nash had done this or that I would get really confused and forget he was even on the team.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
They might just re-sign him. They’ll have a tough time attracting UFAs and they have like Five dudes signed for next year. Haha.
Sounds like a Jay Beagle replacement considering he might be out for the season now.

Reactions: ck26

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah lol he’s going from the to the AHL to the NHL.

Two ways to look at it I guess. Playing with a cup favorite, now going to a bottom feeder. He will definitely get more playing time, but if he ends up in the AHL with Arizona...

Shouldn't happen but if some other player outperforms him...

Last edited:

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Two ways to look at it I guess. Playing with a cup favorite to bottom feeder. He will definitely get more playing time, but if he ends up in the AHL with Arizona...

The Coyotes will just trade that player and keep Nash... for the tank.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Two ways to look at it I guess. Playing with a cup favorite to bottom feeder. He will definitely get more playing time, but if he ends up in the AHL with Arizona...

Boyd, Larsson, Hayton and injured Beagle are all better players than Nash. He's here because we've scored too much the past few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad