Are Zetterberg/Alfreddsson Hall of Famers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Are they hall of Famers

• Total voters

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Zetterberg didn't put up amazing numbers in the regular seasons, but was VERY good. And he won a cup and a Conn Smyth. So yes, he should get in for that.

Alfredsson never won anything of note. No HOF for him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think both are, yes. Very good peaks, long primes, leaders, generally respected players. Both could do it all, and were two-way players. Zetterberg might be a little light in the regular season, but I think his playoffs more than make up for it. I said it in the Hall of Fame thread, that I think both these guys are the same level of player as Hossa, and I have no problem with any of them making the Hall.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yes, they both are. Kevin Lowe just got in, this shouldnt be a question. The only question is about goalies when it comes to really good players because the standard seems to be different.

Zetterberg was the captain of an original 6 franchise, has a conn smythe and at his best was probably a top 5-8 player in the league. A top 5 center for sure.

ALfredsson's case is probably a little weaker than Zetterbergs, but hes still a long time captain of a team an face of a franchise. He won the Messier, so his leadership is obviously repsected in the league and has a 100+ point season while being great defensively.

I would without a doubt pick either of them to start a franchise over several players already in the hall

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I would put Zetterberg in, but I'm not sure the HOF will.

Despite no regular season individual awards, he has plenty of metal filling out his trophy case. Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup, World Championship Gold, Olympic Gold.

As a fan of two-way dominance, I think there's an argument to be made he was the best player in the league in 2008. The 'points uber alles' crowd would never go for it, obviously, but he demonstrated his dominance that playoff run when he chewed up and spit out every opposing player he shared the ice with.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Guy Carbonneau is in Zetterberg is in easily. For me he’s in regardless, he was a big game player and so good defensively.

Alfredsson is borderline for me but based on recent standards dropping he will get in eventually.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The bar has been set by some of the questionable choices they've put in the HoF over the years, so I'd say it's a definite yes for both players.

If I had a vote, it would be a lot more questionable since my criteria tends to be the player should be a top 5 player at their position for a good bulk of their career (or at least prime years).

Reactions: slapKing

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I would vote yes on Zetterberg and no on Alfredsson because of Post season accomplishments. The way things are now, both will get in eventually.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think both are, yes. Very good peaks, long primes, leaders, generally respected players. Both could do it all, and were two-way players. Zetterberg might be a little light in the regular season, but I think his playoffs more than make up for it. I said it in the Hall of Fame thread, that I think both these guys are the same level of player as Hossa, and I have no problem with any of them making the Hall.

Agree with this and really surprised with the people voting no but sadly I shouldn't be I guess.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If Guy Carbonneau is in Zetterberg is in easily. For me he’s in regardless, he was a big game player and so good defensively.

Alfredsson is borderline for me but based on recent standards dropping he will get in eventually.

Zetterberg has a 4 year playoff 2 way peak that is better than 95% of all the forwards in the HHOF and he wasn't a passenger on the bus he was driving it.

NHL.com Stats

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Zetterberg didn't put up amazing numbers in the regular seasons, but was VERY good. And he won a cup and a Conn Smyth. So yes, he should get in for that.

Alfredsson never won anything of note. No HOF for him.

I would vote yes on Zetterberg and no on Alfredsson because of Post season accomplishments. The way things are now, both will get in eventually.
Youre all leaf fans this is damn incredible, how can you justify Sundin getting in and not Alfredsson they almost have identical careers lol. Alfie was actually the best player in the playoffs one year lead his team to a SCF, won a calder and the Makr Messier award. In 2006 Alfie lead Sweden in scoring too. What has Sundin done he hasnt?!?!?!?....

How do you guys come up with this stuff? Just blind hate?

Meh.... I mean, no, but if Lowe is in and Mogilny isn’t, who knows
Theyre both better than Mogilny.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Youre all leaf fans this is damn incredible, how can you justify Sundin getting in and not Alfredsson they almost have identical careers lol. Alfie was actually the best player in the playoffs one year lead his team to a SCF, won a calder and the Makr Messier award. In 2006 Alfie lead Sweden in scoring too. What has Sundin done he hasnt?!?!?!?....

How do you guys come up with this stuff? Just blind hate?

Consider the possibility that Alfredsson is simply not worthy for the HHOF, whereas Sundin was.

Sundin is the highest scoring Swede of all time. Alfie? Several hundred points behind.
Sundin scored way more goals than Alfie in their careers.
Sundin had way more points than Afliie in their careers.
Sundin's top years were better than Alfie's top years.
Sundin captained Team Sweden for 10 years to 4 international gold medals. Alfie played under Mats.
Sundin was voted by the NHL as one of the "greatest 100 players in NHL history", Alfie was not.

It's not some "vendetta" by Leaf fans. Alfie was a good player. Just not a HHOF player.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Consider the possibility that Alfredsson is simply not worthy for the HHOF, whereas Sundin was.

Sundin is the highest scoring Swede of all time. Alfie? Several hundred points behind.
Sundin scored way more goals than Alfie in their careers.
Sundin had way more points than Afliie in their careers.
Sundin's top years were better than Alfie's top years.
Sundin captained Team Sweden for 10 years to 4 international gold medals. Alfie played under Mats.
Sundin was voted by the NHL as one of the "greatest 100 players in NHL history", Alfie was not.

It's not some "vendetta" by Leaf fans. Alfie was a good player. Just not a HHOF player.
Yawn, your bias speaks volumes. When they were both playing in the league in the same era at the same time Alfredsson and Sundin scored at an almost identical clip. Alfredsson also outscored him in the playoffs. In Sundins most elite seasons his point totals were inflated by the early 90's high scoring seasons.

Most hilarious comment of all 'Alfredsson played under Sundin' baha. What does that even mean.

If you want to go even further into it Alfredsson was a way better two way player. While scoring at the same rate if not better when they were both in the league. If alfredsson was a leaf he would already he in, everyone knows it. They are absolutely in the same class of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad