Are we the worst team in the league with the goalie pulled?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
We have to be one of the worst, atleast. I can honestly only remember ONE time this year where we scored in the final minute to tie a game, and that was MONTHS ago vs the worst defensive team in the league (Edmonton)...

The last 4 games we've been in that situation, we pass the puck way too much and NEVER shoot, we never ever ****ing score the goal when we need it. Is anyone able to pull up any stats in this regard? I'd love to see how comparable we are to the rest of the league in this manner.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
We have to be one of the worst, atleast. I can honestly only remember ONE time this year where we scored in the final minute to tie a game, and that was MONTHS ago vs the worst defensive team in the league (Edmonton)...

The last 4 games we've been in that situation, we pass the puck way too much and NEVER shoot, we never ever ****ing score the goal when we need it. Is anyone able to pull up any stats in this regard? I'd love to see how comparable we are to the rest of the league in this manner.

Teams that just shoot for the sake of it with a goalie pulled often get scored on. The Leafs have trouble scoring from the point with traffic as well as from coming out from the corners. They are still a rush first team. Ironically they can't pass in their own end or in the neutral zone. They also can't reenter an offensive zone effectively if the opposing team chips the puck out. All of this leads to a very easy defensive system for the opposing team when defending a lead agains the Leafs.

They have next to nobody that is strong on the puck and can move east west instead of north south.

JvR is, to my mind, the only strong body on the puck. Kadri can create space, but he needs open ice to do it. Name some players that can retain possession behind the net? Nobody.

King of Arcadia

Feb 11, 2010
Teams that just shoot for the sake of it with a goalie pulled often get scored on. The Leafs have trouble scoring from the point with traffic as well as from coming out from the corners. They are still a rush first team. Ironically they can't pass in their own end or in the neutral zone. They also can't reenter an offensive zone effectively if the opposing team chips the puck out. All of this leads to a very easy defensive system for the opposing team when defending a lead agains the Leafs.

They have next to nobody that is strong on the puck and can move east west instead of north south.

JvR is, to my mind, the only strong body on the puck. Kadri can create space, but he needs open ice to do it. Name some players that can retain possession behind the net? Nobody.

Are you Howie Meeker? Bernier or Reimer could retain possession behind the net, but that doesnt help if they are on the bench. If hey we:)ent on the bench theycould do it bu then they would probably get a delay of game penalty andthen they would be in big trouble.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
Are you Howie Meeker? Bernier or Reimer could retain possession behind the net, but that doesnt help if they are on the bench. If hey we:)ent on the bench theycould do it bu then they would probably get a delay of game penalty andthen they would be in big trouble.

What are you talking about? This comment is baffling?

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
Franson wasted 4.5 seconds at the very end and looked like a beer leaguer out there with the net empty

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Besides their first game against Edmonton when Lupul scored in the final minute after Bernier was pulled, I can't remember any other times the Leafs scored in that situation down by 1 goal.

Now I don't have the stats but I noticed that Montreal always seems to score a lot of goals when they are playing 6 on 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad