Follow you all around
LA, close to you
GE, close to you
SS, close to you
ON, close to you

Reactions: Mr_Fun

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
$925 has been his biggest contract to date... earning $775 right now.

That's a pretty big increase... I'd offer him $1.2 right now, and see what his team says... that's a 60% increase.....
Love Benoit but just realizing now he has only one point so far this year. If he finishes with two assists that's rough when it comes to contract negotiation/arb.

Logan Stanley just signed for 1M at 25yo RFA with arb - similar games. Hard to see us getting screwed on this one, perhaps a small premium for the mullet.

horner

May 22, 2007
$925 has been his biggest contract to date... earning $775 right now.

That's a pretty big increase... I'd offer him $1.2 right now, and see what his team says... that's a 60% increase.....
To me at the end of the season if he keeps this progression that is what he will be worth as a UFA. I more RFA season.
Look at what Schenn got as a ufa which tobme Benoit is as good as him

We need dman like him

1.5 mil * 3 yrs
Break down of his contract
1.2 mil 1st yr
1.5 mil 2nd yr
1.8 mil 3rd yr

Reactions: Fogelhund

horner

May 22, 2007
Love Benoit but just realizing now he has only one point so far this year. If he finishes with two assists that's rough when it comes to contract negotiation/arb.

Logan Stanley just signed for 1M at 25yo RFA with arb - similar games. Hard to see us getting screwed on this one, perhaps a small premium for the mullet.
Schenn doesn't get alot of points
3yrs @ 2.75 mil

Love Benoit but just realizing now he has only one innthe minors I believe point so far this year. If he finishes with two assists that's rough when it comes to contract negotiation/arb.

Stanley has played 26 games in 2 yrs

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Unless we run into injuries again, we're likely not going to see him.
He's a #8 defenseman being used like one.

Reactions: Buds17

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Schenn doesn't get alot of points
3yrs @ 2.75 mil

Stanley has played 26 games in 2 yrs
900 games UFA Schenn scoring 20 points on a 30 point pace is worlds apart from an RFA scoring 1 point on a 2 point pace. Holl is actually more for less than Schenn - that one was crazy.

Stanley isn't a perfect comparable but he played a lot more games than 26 in the 2 yrs before he signed - just similar total games, age, and contract status, and theres only so many.

All I'm saying is I don't think we will see a cap issue with Benoit because he's RFA this year, I believe RFA next year, and surprisingly only has one point which won't take you far in arbitration.

I hope the best for him and that all parties are happy because he rocks, but the Leafs are in control of this situation.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
What needs to happen, is finding a way to up the team doctors game and find out what the injury is that TJ Brodie is hiding and sign him up for the 'Robidas island convalescent home., it's either that or he puts in a 10 game streak of 7 goals and 12 assists and requests a trade to Arizona where they work out a 1 for 1 for Sean Durzi.

Iunno could happen?

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Give him a turn, it’s not like Timmins is thriving, looks more like surviving in our end.
Timmins is another Brodie, useless at defending, a defensively inept team like the Leafs should concentrate on the defensive side of defence, not look for offensive acumen from said defensemen. If Sammy didn’t stand on his head the Jets would have buried the Leafs in the 1st period………

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: