Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Get on it Geoff
And pay it
Straight+Cash+Homie.gif
Little Geoffy will cover the .42c

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The players who play the game are mostly uneducated idiots with a bunch of concussions who don't care about their own well being.

Xhekaj should've been suspended.

yes, and they're the ones signing up and off on the risks playing hockey in the NHL . Even uneducated idiots with a bunch of concussions have the pattern recognition to understand what that entails. I'm not going to cry about somebody who signed up to get shot out of a cannon and ended up getting some bruises.

The owners also are not going to give a shit about some scrub nobody, and they're more likely to worry about their own star assets getting cheap shotted than their Paré equivalents eating a few gloves. There's no sympathy from either ownership or NHLPA here.

It's also pretty consistent with the NHL's pattern of only punishing the outcome, and Paré isn't hurt.

Reactions: Habano

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We do not have a nasty reputation and one man can't do it alone. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

If you want to make players think twice about taking liberties with our vulnerable players you need to establish that you have a few screws lose in the entire team.

Last game Dummy cross checked Hutson and what happened? NOTHING. We had all kinds of "tough forwards" and Dummy skated the entire game untouched. At the very least an elbow or a face wash, but nope, NOTHING.

So disappointed at Tuch and Little X being pretenders. I'm expecting them to be Sam Bennets, but I'm beginning to think they are AHL fodder.

Always depending on X to provide protection will guarantee that Hutson will be a target.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
yes, and they're the ones signing up and off on the risks playing hockey in the NHL . Even uneducated idiots with a bunch of concussions have the pattern recognition to understand what that entails. I'm not going to cry about somebody who signed up to get shot out of a cannon and ended up getting some bruises.

The owners also are not going to give a shit about some scrub nobody, and they're more likely to worry about their own star assets getting cheap shotted than their Paré equivalents eating a few gloves. There's no sympathy from either ownership or NHLPA here.

It's also pretty consistent with the NHL's pattern of only punishing the outcome, and Paré isn't hurt.
Yes, the NHLPA doesn't care about protecting its own players. They care way more about making their money, and players being punished means that they aren't getting paid. Injured players get paid. Suspended players do not.

We've seen far too many cases of athletes from contact sports dying early and then being posthumously diagnosed with CTE. The league should just pretend they care about player safety and suspend players for these extremely dangerous plays, especially when the intent was there to injure Paré.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Last game Dummy cross checked Hutson and what happened? NOTHING. We had all kinds of "tough forwards" and Dummy skated the entire game untouched. At the very least an elbow or a face wash, but nope, NOTHING.
I see a new narrative is being forged here.

Dummy crosschecked Hutson, because we plastered Tavarez twice (one of those hits was Pezzetta's).

Apparently, everyone decided it was fair enough and moved on. Starting a headhunting contest during a preseason match would probably not have been the smart response. To quote Junior Soprano: we're not making a Western here.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

What a bunch of p***yes. This league, I swear.

Yes, the NHLPA doesn't care about protecting its own players. They care way more about making their money, and players being punished means that they aren't getting paid. Injured players get paid. Suspended players do not.

We've seen far too many cases of athletes from contact sports dying early and then being posthumously diagnosed with CTE. The league should just pretend they care about player safety and suspend players for these extremely dangerous plays, especially when the intent was there to injure Paré.

All he did is punch the guy. If someone got suspended for punching me, I would go to the league to plead for him to not get suspended.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The NHL has always based it's suspension decisions heavily on how badly the person gets injured. Pare wasn't injured so they go light on Xhekaj, had Pare gotten say a concussion then I'm sure they would've suspended Xhekaj.
Yeah, the NHL is run by idiots. This isn't anything to be surprised about, but it's still really disappointing.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I see a new narrative is being forged here.

Dummy crosschecked Hutson, because we plastered Tavarez twice (one of those hits was Pezzetta's).

Apparently, everyone decided it was fair enough and moved on. Starting a headhunting contest during a preseason match would probably not have been the smart response. To quote Junior Soprano: we're not making a Western here.
Used to be that’s what a fist fight was for. To avoid headhunting and for everyone to move on. Both Domi headhunting instead of fighting Pezz, and Paré Turtling broke the code for me.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, the NHL is run by idiots. This isn't anything to be surprised about, but it's still really disappointing.
I don't really disagree with you that the NHL is disappointing with the way it runs it's supplemental discipline. But it's not like players aren't regularly punched in the head during scrums and there's no call at all.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
We do not have a nasty reputation and one man can't do it alone. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

If you want to make players think twice about taking liberties with our vulnerable players you need to establish that you have a few screws lose in the entire team.

So disappointed at Tuch and Little X being pretenders. I'm expecting them to be Sam Bennets, but I'm beginning to think they are AHL fodder.

Always depending on X to provide protection will guarantee that Hutson will be a target.

Little x is willing but not physically ready, IMO. He didn't play in the last toronto game when domi crosschecked hutson, fyi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad