Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Or we need Florian to be dressed as well.

I think we still have a reputation of a very soft team and that has shown in our injury history lately imo. We won't fix it until we become a bit scary. But that's the top 6 as well. We need a top 6 bully bad.
Love to add Sam Bennett.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
I like this player but he is not a replacement for a culture of being tough and finishing checks. The team is full of soft players who are easy to play against and Arber. This issue has plagued Montreal for a long time and we still wont draft mean/tough players.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I like this player but he is not a replacement for a culture of being tough and finishing checks. The team is full of soft players who are easy to play against and Arber. This issue has plagued Montreal for a long time and we still wont draft mean/tough players.
Florian Xhekaj, Thorpe, Protz, Tuch are soft players?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
First you need to build a base of talent. Our team was both soft and talentless for a long long time. I prefer going for talent first.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
First you need to build a base of talent. Our team was both soft and talentless for a long long time. I prefer going for talent first.
When you watch that talent get absolutely smashed and the injuries start piling up do you still enjoy it? It's gonna be a lot of fun bringing Demidov in next year and seeing how long before people start running him because we have a token tough guy and the rest of the team has no teeth. Remember when we had Laraque and he would have his staged fight but the rest of the team wouldn't finish a check? This team hasn't be tough to play against in ages and it doesn't look like it will ever change.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
When you watch that talent get absolutely smashed and the injuries start piling up do you still enjoy it? It's gonna be a lot of fun bringing Demidov in next year and seeing how long before people start running him because we have a token tough guy and the rest of the team has no teeth. Remember when we had Laraque and he would have his staged fight but the rest of the team wouldn't finish a check? This team hasn't be tough to play against in ages and it doesn't look like it will ever change.
Being soft is a big part of Gorton's team building reputation

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Being soft is a big part of Gorton's team building reputation

Slafkovsky seems to buck the trend. But you won't see me disagree that the team needs to play with a lot more nastiness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad