Anything Goes 21: Sears Tower has a big cap hit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Good thing about being old is that I have money to buy whatever I want and don't have to buy cheap alcohol

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yuengling makes this ****** beer choice quite easy.

It's a damn good beer. Had quite a few in North Carolina this past weekend.

I don't understand the infatuation with Yuengling.

Don't know what to say, but I love it. Honestly might very well be my favorite non-wheat beer brew. Damn shame that there aren't any distributors in Illinois.... c'mon, Wirtz family! Get on that!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I literally had nothing else on me and I wasnt about to make a run to get something because I had already wasted enough time. I honestly probably coulda done it without a chaser, Bacardi Mango is pretty damn easy to take.

Hey man no need to answer for your boozing choices. You're in college, now's the time where you learn what you like. Hell, when I was 21 I thought Jack n Coke's and Blue Moon were the end all be all of booze and beer and now I wouldn't touch the stuff lol.

What you like changes the more you do something. Just don't drink the fruity stuff, otherwise you deserve to be made fun of :D

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I don't understand the infatuation with Yuengling.

It's far from the greatest beer ever, but it's the best value in domestic macros. Name a better beer in the 24pk for $14.99 price range.

Damn shame that there aren't any distributors in Illinois.... c'mon, Wirtz family! Get on that!

Its restriction to east of the Ohio River due to supply, not because distributors here don't want it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's a damn good beer. Had quite a few in North Carolina this past weekend.

Don't know what to say, but I love it. Honestly might very well be my favorite non-wheat beer brew. Damn shame that there aren't any distributors in Illinois.... c'mon, Wirtz family! Get on that!

It's far from the greatest beer ever, but it's the best value in domestic macros. Name a better beer in the 24pk for $14.99 price range.

Its restriction to east of the Ohio River due to supply, not because distributors here don't want it.

I can agree with that IU, but Shogun's opinion on the stuff isn't the first time I've heard somebody talk about the stuff like it's ambrosia.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Technically, it's nectar. Ambrosia is the food of the gods.

Mythology snobbery!

That being said, I'd have to give it some thought. My favorite beers are Hoegaarden and Weihenstephaner, and I tend to draw more to wheat beers anyway, so if I sat and thought about it for a while I'm sure I could think another traditional lager that I like more than Yuengling, too. Rare for me plus had them recently though, so it's standing out in my head.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Ambrosia is very closely related to the gods' other form of sustenance, nectar. The two terms may not have originally been distinguished;[5] though in Homer's poems nectar is usually the drink and ambrosia the food of the gods; it was with ambrosia Hera "cleansed all defilement from her lovely flesh",[6] and with ambrosia Athena prepared Penelope in her sleep,[7] so that when she appeared for the final time before her suitors, the effects of years had been stripped away, and they were inflamed with passion at the sight of her. On the other hand, in Alcman,[8] nectar is the food, and in Sappho[9] and Anaxandrides, ambrosia is the drink.[10] When a character in Aristophanes' Knights says, "I dreamed the goddess poured ambrosia over your head—out of a ladle," the homely and realistic ladle brings the ineffable moment to ground with a thump. Both descriptions, however, could be correct as Ambrosia could be a liquid that is considered a meal (much like how soup is labeled the same).

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Not old enough but it doesn't appeal to me anyway.

It never did to me either. Literally never drank til I was 21 and in College. Thought before then it was stupid and there was literally no benefit to drinking and that it was stupid. Never say never I guess.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I wouldn't say there is even a "benefit" to it right now, but man it leads to some good times. It can also lead to bad times, like people getting pissed off and terrible hangovers.

Nothingman*

I usually drink to socialize with friends. Not to binge. If I get drunk it is totally because we were having a good time and just drank a bit too much. Not the other way around.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Nope, haven't really followed pro wrestling for a solid twenty years. That being said, I am a fan of The Mark Remark on YouTube.

Also, dealing with a damn cold. Gonna be a fun week....

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven't watched wrestling in 10ish years. I remember watching PPV's on my scrambled TV as a little kid

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
A couple of buddies of mine are really into it. He's put it on a few times when I've been over at his house, still can't get over how anyone could watch it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I watched Wresltemania with a ton of buddies today.

Missed the game (and the win!) for it, but it was worth it. Tons of fun. Great matches, crazy endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad