OT: Any way to turn off the video ads on this site?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
It was bad enough with the lottery ads that would turn on whenever I accidentally scroll the mouse over it, but now they have video ads that play every time you open a new webpage. I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the ad and mute it. It's driving me crazy. If there is no way to turn it off then I'm done with this site.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I was forced to use an ad blocker.. Which I wanted to avoid because I understand websites need ad revenue.

The video ads are absolutely ridiculous here.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Ya on second thought, this is BS.

Nice timing though, put these intrusive ads up during the playoffs when things are busy.

I wonder when marketing advertisers/clients will figure out that pissing off consumers with annoyances doesn't work in their favour.

I'll be here less, and I know that means nothing.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
yup. *******.

If you didnt want me to use it, you wouldnt have allowed such invasive ads.

edit: apparently the name of the ad'block'ing app is a bad word.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
The video adds are the dumbest thing ever. Ever time you go to the next page on the thread they start over even after you mute...

Im not gonna pay to use a website to have no adds, I just wont use the website anymore

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
When was the last time I saw an ad on my computer? Years ago. Ad Block Plus, Brahs.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Just go on the mobile site. I can't think of that last time I used my computer on here. It's really not that much to be a sponsor either and then you don't have to worry about it (I have it mostly for the extra 200 PMs)

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I was forced to use an ad blocker.. Which I wanted to avoid because I understand websites need ad revenue.

The video ads are absolutely ridiculous here.

same here, i never use an ad blocker because I'm ok with ads showing up... until they become autoplaying videos. Then it's forcing me to use an adblocker so that my browsing experience isn't ruined by audio playing when it was never requested.

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
If any of you are advertisers, know this: any company that throws those annoying ads at me loses my business if they had it (and are guaranteed to not get it if they didn't) Start blaring an ad for Gillette, you go on my blacklist and next time around I buy Schick. I'm petulant that way and get mild amusement enacting my silent protests at the grocery store.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
If any of you are advertisers, know this: any company that throws those annoying ads at me loses my business if they had it (and are guaranteed to not get it if they didn't) Start blaring an ad for Gillette, you go on my blacklist and next time around I buy Schick. I'm petulant that way and get mild amusement enacting my silent protests at the grocery store.

I'm the same way.

I'll never go to East Side Marios because of that annoying run of ads they did, :)

I also get great enjoyment from turning the Enquirer magazines around in the grocery checkout. :yo:

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I never see ads on anything (even YT) ever due to *******.

However, sites like HF need ad revenue to survive so I usually turn it off. Unfortunately, the video ads are forcing me to leave it on

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Just go on the mobile site. I can't think of that last time I used my computer on here. It's really not that much to be a sponsor either and then you don't have to worry about it (I have it mostly for the extra 200 PMs)

There are ads on the mobile site now. Last night I kept on clicking them and it pulls up the app store. So frustrating.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It was bad enough with the lottery ads that would turn on whenever I accidentally scroll the mouse over it, but now they have video ads that play every time you open a new webpage. I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the ad and mute it. It's driving me crazy. If there is no way to turn it off then I'm done with this site.

easy become a sponsor

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
same here, i never use an ad blocker because I'm ok with ads showing up... until they become autoplaying videos. Then it's forcing me to use an adblocker so that my browsing experience isn't ruined by audio playing when it was never requested.
Ad Blocker can be configured on a site-by-site basis. I have it installed but turned off by default, and only enable it on sites where the ads become intrusive and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad