Anton Lundell vs Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you rather have now and in the future?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Well, I take Lundell at .925M over Pettersson at 7.35M. If we disregard money/contracts, then I take Pettersson. Lundell has Barkov/Kopitar upside, but Pettersson has already shown he is elite. He is just having a downyear now. He`ll figure it out eventually.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well, I take Lundell at .925M over Pettersson at 7.35M. If we disregard money/contracts, then I take Pettersson. Lundell has Barkov/Kopitar upside, but Pettersson has already shown he is elite. He is just having a downyear now. He`ll figure it out eventually.

Another you mean?

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Is this a joke? Pettersson easily.
Some might take a flyer on the guy who is three years younger, still on his ELC for two more years and playing way better hockey at the moment. EP has shown he can be an elite center in this league but Lundell isn't a bad choice here either.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Pettersson showed more potential early on. It is pretty shocking though how bad Pettersson's last two seasons have been compared to his first two. Pretty rare for a player to start declining in their early 20s.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Is this a joke? Pettersson easily.

Not with regency bias and I'm a Canucks fan who has been hearing that it's only been 5 games, then 10 games and now its been 37 games and starting to look like a Canucks curse or something.

Lundell to me is going to be a rock solid bet with EP I'm starting to worry a bit here.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

This.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Hard to say. Pettersson is clearly the more talented player but who knows what the hell is wrong with the kid. You don't often see a young player come into the league and dominate, over multiple seasons and the playoffs, and then fall off the face of the earth.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Maybe we have different definitions of elite. But Pettersson has never been top 20 in any offensive category. (Not including his playoff run)

Is he an up and coming potential elite player? Certainly. But I don't think he's cemented himself as one yet.

That said, he's a proven 1st line player over the course of a few seasons with potential to get even better. Agree with the rest of your post.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lundell isn’t as proven, has a lower floor, and a lower ceiling. He’s younger and could end up a similar level if Pettersson doesn’t pick up his play.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Another you mean?

Not really. Pettersson had a slow start last year with 1 point in his first 6 games, but then had 20 in his next 20 before getting injured, and was still on a 32 G, 66 PT pace for the year, produced at roughly his usual rate 5v5 (2.45 P/60 after 2.50 P/60 his first two seasons), and had good relative GF% and xGF%. He didn’t look as dominant visually, but his only really issue in terms of production was a lack of PP assists. This season is a completely different can of worms.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Lundell isn’t as proven, has a lower floor, and a lower ceiling. He’s younger and could end up a similar level if Pettersson doesn’t pick up his play.

I`d say Lundell has a higher floor, but lower ceiling. He is already a really good 200ft player. Lundell in his first season is a better 2-way player than Pettersson. Pettersson has the higher roof though. I could easily see him beeing a superstar in the league.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Panthers fan saying EP. Guy has proven he can be a high end #1 Center. He just needs out of Vancouver

Reactions: Dutronc

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Prolly the guy who is better player, 3(?)years younger and has 12,5% of other guys salary. Good question this was very hard.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I think Lundell is a solid young two-way player...but still long ways from Pettersson when he is playing well.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's more about how much Pettersson has shown vs. Lundell. Even if Elias is in a bit of a rut.

It depends on how you value players. 2 are/will be very high end players, but differently. If I had time, I'd look to make comparisons (like let's say Zetterberg and Pierre Turgeon) but I don't have the time right now

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I think Lundell is a solid young two-way player...but still long ways from Pettersson when he is playing well.

I agree on this, even though I`m a fan of Lundell`s game. Until Lundell show more offensive upside, this should be EP every time if we disregard salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad