Anton Lundell - Primed for a breakout season?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Lundell has been a very solid player for the Panthers the last 3 seasons, mostly playing as the defensively responsible 3C producing at a 35-40 pt clip. He just had a very solid playoff performance putting up 17 pts in 24 games en route to a Cup and received a 6 yr x 5M AAV deal this past summer, which showed that Zito really believed in his potential.

With Barkov now out with injury, Lundell has stepped up and has started the season with 8 pts in 7 games, and Florida hasn't missed a beat. How do you see his season going? Does Florida have a Barkov v2 on their hands? Will he stay in the top six even when Barkov is back? Either way, very impressive work by Zito again, one of the best minds in hockey right now.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
His offensive talent is far beneath Barkov’s. I think a better target (and more comparable play style) is Couturier.

Lundell has never produced without Reinhart on his wing, so we can’t say he’s capable of driving his own line. Until then, his ceiling will be a defensively elite 2C.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lundell has been a very solid player for the Panthers the last 3 seasons, mostly playing as the defensively responsible 3C producing at a 35-40 pt clip. He just had a very solid playoff performance putting up 17 pts in 24 games en route to a Cup and received a 6 yr x 5M AAV deal this past summer, which showed that Zito really believed in his potential.

With Barkov now out with injury, Lundell has stepped up and has started the season with 8 pts in 7 games, and Florida hasn't missed a beat. How do you see his season going? Does Florida have a Barkov v2 on their hands? Will he stay in the top six even when Barkov is back? Either way, very impressive work by Zito again, one of the best minds in hockey right now.

SO the Panthers are going to play Barkov on the 3rd line when he comes back? Nope.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
SO the Panthers are going to play Barkov on the 3rd line when he comes back? Nope.
Never said that, Barkov is the undisputed 1C I think we all know that. I am more so wondering if they shift Bennett down, although he is also playing well.

Reactions: hn777

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I tend to agree that I'd like to see Lundell produce well offensively without Reinhart on his wing. He's excellent defensively, but has only had these really impressive spurts of scoring production with #13.

Then again, the way that line is playing, Maurice just might leave them there and give Barkov a washing machine for a linemate. Barkov will find a way to score 80 points banking the puck off of it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
His offensive talent is far beneath Barkov’s. I think a better target (and more comparable play style) is Couturier.

Lundell has never produced without Reinhart on his wing, so we can’t say he’s capable of driving his own line. Until then, his ceiling will be a defensively elite 2C.

Playoffs?

olli

Least biased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
If he keeps it up are the panthers even going to bother resigning Bennet for 6M+? Obviously Bennet might be willing to take a discount but if not wouldn’t they be better off going into next season with Barkov Lundell down the middle and a cheap 3C?

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
If he keeps it up are the panthers even going to bother resigning Bennet for 6M+? Obviously Bennet might be willing to take a discount but if not wouldn’t they be better off going into next season with Barkov Lundell down the middle and a cheap 3C?
If the Panthers were smart they would trade Barkov now for a king's ransom! Barkov is too injury prone and will only go downhill from here. But his NHL stock right now is super high after the Panthers won the cup and Gretzky pumped his tires. This is the right time to trade Barkov! Trading Barkov could get something crazy like Aho, Necas and a 1st from Carolina or Rantanen, Nichushkin and a 1st from Colorado or Petterson (retained) and Boeser from Vancouver or Nylander, Tavares with a cheap extension and a 1st from Toronto or Draisaitl, Nurse and a 1st from Edmonton and countless other teams offering something similar...

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
If the Panthers were smart they would trade Barkov now for a king's ransom! Barkov is too injury prone and will only go downhill from here. But his NHL stock right now is super high after the Panthers won the cup and Gretzky pumped his tires. This is the right time to trade Barkov! Trading Barkov could get something crazy like Aho, Necas and a 1st from Carolina or Rantanen, Nichushkin and a 1st from Colorado or Petterson (retained) and Boeser from Vancouver or Nylander, Tavares with a cheap extension and a 1st from Toronto or Draisaitl, Nurse and a 1st from Edmonton and countless other teams offering something similar...
Dude...
kissa väsyneet silmät.jpg

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad