Player Discussion Anton Lander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The guy does nothing you hear his name once every 5 games during telecasts that's how pathetic he is.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
His effect on the game is Colin Fraser-ish

I'm wouldn't mind waiving him to give him a chance elsewhere, and clear out a contract spot.

Due to his contract and even with his current ability, he's a good option as a 13th forward, but with what he showed last year and in preseason, that's a disappointment

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
4C/PK. Good enough. With competent d-men he'd show better.

For now he's good enough. The problem was they saw him more of a 3rd line center. He's still signed for relatively cheap and even if he becomes your 13th forward he's a not bad depth guy. The hope was if there was an injury he could be like a Stoll, someone who can step into the top 6 and not look out of place.

Going forward however I'm sure PC is looking for someone else which will probably cut into his playing time.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
here is a list of every one who has more goals than anton lander this year

Everyone in the whole league

boyd gordon

anton lander

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He's killing it on the face off dot. He has very fragile confidence re offense, it's bizarre because he really does have some ability in that area. Still has value as a 4th line player.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Saddest story on the Oilers this season.

Here's a guy we thought would have a solid future with the team... looked like a legit 3rd line C last season... especially later in the season.

Developed slowly and methodically over several years... looked to be following a solid "Detroit type" development path until he was finally blossoming into a great 2-way C.

Then boom... nothing... tumbleweeds and crickets from him this season.

Disappointment is an understatement as I think we were all hoping he would be a key fixture in the bottom 6 for this team for years to come.

LockDown21

May 24, 2015
Poor guys body language looks like he himself believes he will never score again. Such a shame cause he looked so good (comparatively) in pre-season. Hopefully he can get a bounce or two and get some confidence back.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Personally, I think Lander needs to quit feeling sorry for himself and changing everything around from his stick to his toothbrush and just get pissed off. Mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore type of thing. Pissed off at the world. Play with a chip on his shoulder. Get into scrums after whistles, start stuff. Take the puck and put his head down and go to the net at all costs. Don;t take stupid penalties of course, but don't take any guff at all. Nothing else left really for him to do.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Its just strange to see him play like this. I was a supporter of him. He had a strong finish under Nelson and had a pretty great preseason overall and then he's turned into the Eakins version of Lander once again. Wins faceoffs but does nothing more than that. Puck and play dies on his stick every single time. He's quickly turning into the Belanger triangle 2.0 which is just sad.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am/was a huge Lander supporter.

Everything I've heard about him suggests what I am about to say is absolute BS but I just can't help thinking it.

Lander got his contract, got told he was playing a defensive role, packed it in like so many before him and is doing the bare minimum to collect a pay check. You can tell he has no intention of being offensive in any way shape or form. Maybe that's what he has been told to do but somehow I doubt it. He looks like he is sulking because last year he was given a more offensive role and this year he is stuck in the bottom six.

If we ever get all our centers back there is a chance he is off to the AHL to never be heard from again.

He has not played "bad" most games but he clearly is too slow to be a positive contributor in this league.

Its great we have him during all these injuries I suppose but damn am I fed up with his play this year. You think of every one goal game we have had this year and there is a very high chance any goal he hypothetically could have scored could have been a point in the bank for the Oilers.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I am/was a huge Lander supporter.

Everything I've heard about him suggests what I am about to say is absolute BS but I just can't help thinking it.

Lander got his contract, got told he was playing a defensive role, packed it in like so many before him and is doing the bare minimum to collect a pay check. You can tell he has no intention of being offensive in any way shape or form. Maybe that's what he has been told to do but somehow I doubt it. He looks like he is sulking because last year he was given a more offensive role and this year he is stuck in the bottom six.

If we ever get all our centers back there is a chance he is off to the AHL to never be heard from again.

He has not played "bad" most games but he clearly is too slow to be a positive contributor in this league.

Its great we have him during all these injuries I suppose but damn am I fed up with his play this year. You think of every one goal game we have had this year and there is a very high chance any goal he hypothetically could have scored could have been a point in the bank for the Oilers.

When everyone's healthy I don't see any reason for him or Gazdic to be on the roster.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Kassian-McD-Yak
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Korpikoski-Letestu-Hendricks
Pakarinen
(not in any order, just who should be on the active roster)

Send him down and see if he can find some god damn confidence in his offensive game. I can't see anyone claiming him (and wouldn't really care if they did). I really had high hopes for him and he's just been an enormous letdown

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I wish they would just trade him already. The original idea was that him and MPS were going to form this air tight, Swedish duo. Turned out they both suck... Why exactly is he still here?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Feel bad for the guy. He's a solid player who just has been incredibly snake bitten offensively and it's now starting to affect his game on the defensive end. Always been very reliable and as we've seen in the past is a darn good player when he's on his game. I still believe he's a keeper and that if he his traded or waived whoever ends up getting him will have a steal on their hands if he can find his confidence again. JMO and I stand by it.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Makes Boyd Gordon look like Gretzky. Complete useless player and we can get any one of 3 million players to win a faceof. He could be the biggest rsason were losing. If there is a league that plays on the Atlantic Ocean, that's where he belongs.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Probably one of the dozen players who replaced him last season.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Hopefully Letestu takes his rightful spot as a highly effective fourth line center.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
I feel bad for Lander, because he does literally everything that you'd want a grinder to do - plays responsible defense, cycles the puck well, crashes the net, PKs and mucks it up in scrums - he simply cannot produce offensively in the NHL.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He probably gets another shot at a job on the fourth line. He's our best faceoff guy and was one of our top PKers last season.

But if his offense continues to elude him, he'll be replaced from within fairly quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad