Value of: Anton Forsberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
With Ottawa telling Filly Franchise to get a house in Ottawa - They’re likely going to run with a Murray - Gustavsson tandem.

That leaves Anton Forsberg as the odd man out, hes played well since coming to Ottawa off of waivers and is too valuable to be placed on waivers so what do you think he can get in return?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Because a guy can’t play well enough to no longer be waiver fodder?

So because Florida got Forsling on waivers he isn’t valuable? He wouldn’t get anything in a trade?

Small mind thinking.

He's played 12 games for Ottawa with a .903 save%, including an .885 save% in 4 games this year. He got pulled in one of those games after letting in 4 goals in 15 minutes, and also let in 2 goals in 4 minutes to lose a game after going in as an injury replacement.

Yes, he's absolutely still waiver fodder.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
How many teams out there would take him on waivers? 1? Arizona, anybody else... ?

I guess if there's just 1, then he's waiver fodder value-wise, but if there's more than 1 it's slightly possible he could be worth some token amount more than nothing? :dunno:

But that's to other teams. The Sens' 3rd goalie would then become... Sogaard? Mandolese? It may be the Sens are stuck. They want a 3rd goalie in the system, so he's worth more than nothing to them, but not to anybody else, yet they suspect Arizona would take him on waivers... it's reasonable for him to be "too valuable to place on waivers" for the Sens, yet not valuable enough that any other team would give up anything for him...

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I see how he has raised his value.

It's worth a shot if they can maybe get a taker

Unless I'm mistaken to be traded wouldn't he have to be first offered back to the original club and any other teams that made a claim?
I know the Devils had to do that when the claimed PA Parenteau from the Islanders and then wanted to trade him

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Can You Trade a Player Claimed off Waivers?

Players who are claimed off waivers must be offered to the other teams that placed an original claim before that player can be traded.
For example, if a player is placed on waivers and three teams place a claim on him. The team lowest in the standards gets first dibs. If they then decide to trade the player, he would first have to be passed on by the other two teams. If a team places a claim, he’d be theirs. If not, he can be traded.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
he has raised his value. That being said the only way ottawa was going to get something valuable for him was if a team was having a goaltending breakdown/injures. The only team is arizona. Arizona should know they are the only one and probably dont have to pay shit maybe a 7th.

Teams that are in the maybe section: Boston (if they decide they rather swayman get more games in the minors since he can get waived), Minnesota (Same situation with Kahkonen)

so a 6th/7th maybe unless somehow all three teams are interested then maybe and i mean maybe a 4th

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
Can You Trade a Player Claimed off Waivers?

Players who are claimed off waivers must be offered to the other teams that placed an original claim before that player can be traded.
For example, if a player is placed on waivers and three teams place a claim on him. The team lowest in the standards gets first dibs. If they then decide to trade the player, he would first have to be passed on by the other two teams. If a team places a claim, he’d be theirs. If not, he can be traded.
Does that rule carry over from one season to another ? Anton Forsberg was claimed of waivers last season, not the current season.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I can't imagine him leaving anytime soon. Murray would have to have a run of 20 games uninjured for me to start to sway my opinion on that.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Does that rule carry over from one season to another ? Anton Forsberg was claimed of waivers last season, not the current season.

I don't think it does. Waivers start 12 days before the start of the season, so it doesn't sound like there's any carry over but I don't 100% know.

Reactions: OrangePMD

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I’m pretty sure Forsberg will be safe to clear waivers lol unless Buffalo feels they aren’t tanking hard enough and go for him

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Wanted to bump this, Forsberg us one of the best goalies available at the TDL this year - what could he get?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Forsberg + Brown for Tippett + Johansson?

brown? We don’t want him back, he got shoved out by Lomberghini, then got his ass kicked by him. Wouldn’t mind Forsberg if he keeps playing like he did tonight. Keeps Knight getting playing time in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad