Value of: Anthony Duclair's Next Contract

Vancity96

Apr 13, 2014
Haven't seen or heard anything about Duclair.

28 years old, will be 29 when the season starts. He put up 16g-11a-27p in 56 games for San Jose before his 17 game stint for the Lightning where he put up 8g-7a-15p. He will be a UFA July 1st (3mil AAV for 3 years on his last contract).

I would love to bring him to Vancouver as a secondary scorer if the price fits as a middle 6 winger that could play a secondary scoring role.

What do you think he commands or gets?

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
He's a good 3rd line center. Somewhere in the 3mil aav neighbourhood again. I wouldn't want to give more than 3 years, but I'm sure some gm will consider giving more if they need the 3c role filled

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
8 teams in 11 seasons, something tells me that he quickly becomes a distraction to whatever team signs or acquires him. Ever heard the expression "Definition of Insanity"...

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Good for speed and secondary offense, in the right situation he could be on the top line and put up some nice numbers. Likeable guy, good for the locker room etc. But I must say, despite the points I wasn't really impressed at all. Offers absolutely nothing away from the puck, often times he was just standing in place with one hand on his stick, making it easy for opponents. I don't think it's a lack of effort because he's otherwise a pretty energetic player, but the guy just doesn't know what to do defensively, sometimes even on the forecheck despite his speed. In fairness, it could have been due to unfamiliarity with TB system, but the guy has bounced around a lot too.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Haven't seen or heard anything about Duclair.

28 years old, will be 29 when the season starts. He put up 16g-11a-27p in 56 games for San Jose before his 17 game stint for the Lightning where he put up 8g-7a-15p. He will be a UFA July 1st (3mil AAV for 3 years on his last contract).

I would love to bring him to Vancouver as a secondary scorer if the price fits as a middle 6 winger that could play a secondary scoring role.

What do you think he commands or gets?
Think he’s gonna get between $4-$4.5 million on a 2 year deal.

Think it’s a smart play to sign him for 4 years if you can keep that number at $3-$3.5.

More than ever teams have to try keeping their secondary scoring around $3-$3.5. If that means more term, that’s the chance you have to take on 2-3 players. He’s gonna want more stability and honestly he’s earned it somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad