Value of: Anthony Beauvillier to Montreal.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
There seems to be some talk about Anthony Beauvillier being moved to Montreal now, him being former's client of the new Montreal GM Kent Hughes.

What would be the ask coming from Islanders for this 24 years old averaging 20 goals and 18 assists over 82 games in his career who seems to play a sound defensive game?

I know he just signed a contract recently, but Islanders might be looking for some changes in their roster and maybe Beauvillier is just not developping into the player they taught he would?

What are Islanders need?

Would Christian Dvorak be of interest? Similar cap hit and offensive production, responsible defensive game, similar age. Maybe a small add from Montreal, like a B prospect or a 3rd round pick?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
No thank you.

No interest in Beauvilier.

Where do you see this rumour of Habs interest in him? Link? Source?

Habs aren't trading a C until they find someone to replace said C.

Right now Suzuki is our #1C and Dvorak our #2.

We can't have Byron playing center regularly and Evans and Poehling are #4C at best.

Ideally we get an actual #2C or even a True #1C and move Dvo to the 3C slot.

Reactions: zeeto

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Islanders need a 2020-21 version of Tyler Toffoli honestly. A guy who can put in close to 30 or more and is a scoring threat on a consistent basis. Dvorak just wouldn’t do it and is more of what they don’t need, defensively sound guys who are extremely streaky offensively.

Mandalorian

Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
No thank you.

No interest in Beauvilier.

Where do you see this rumour of Habs interest in him? Link? Source?

Habs aren't trading a C until they find someone to replace said C.

Right now Suzuki is our #1C and Dvorak our #2.

We can't have Byron playing center regularly and Evans and Poehling are #4C at best.

Ideally we get an actual #2C or even a True #1C and move Dvo to the 3C slot.
Just saw this from some hockey rumor websites and last summer there was some talk about the Habs being interested in Beauvillier while he was RFA. Plus the Hughes-Beauvillier link makes sense.

Maybe other pieces than Dvorak could be offered, but I don't see why Montreal wouldn't be interested in him. A solid middle 6 forward who play a good defensive game, still relatively young, good cap hit.
I don't know what would be the ask from New York tho. Maybe Calgary first or a 2nd+ a B prospect?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Would he fit in MTL, probably. Do we need him? Not really.

Trade a winger for a winger possibly.

Say Hoffman + 3rd for Beauvilier, I can see that, but I broadly don't see this management going after him.

Unless they are looking to bolster the roster with French Canadians, I wouldn't be targeting Beau.

Reactions: zeeto

Mandalorian

Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
The Islanders need a 2020-21 version of Tyler Toffoli honestly. A guy who can put in close to 30 or more and is a scoring threat on a consistent basis. Dvorak just wouldn’t do it and is more of what they don’t need, defensively sound guys who are extremely streaky offensively.
Mike Hoffman maybe? We could retain 25% on the contract and a sweetner (like a B prospect) or a 2nd round pick.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mike Hoffman maybe? We could retain 25% on the contract and a sweetness (like a B prospect) or a 2nd round pick.
Did Hoffman fix his defensive game or is he still waiting for everyone to get him the puck? If that’s still a problem, no interest on the Islanders behalf.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Did Hoffman fix his defensive game or is he still waiting for everyone to get him the puck? If that’s still a problem, no interest on the Islanders behalf.

Can't fix something that never existed in the first place.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Only way I see the Islanders moving Beauvillier is if they can bring a better winger in through a trade or free agency. Islanders have a plethora of wingers and very few of them have any value, so Beau may be the odd man out.

As for needs, the Islanders need a top 4 LHD or a winger better than Beauvillier.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Seriously, if Beauvillier vs. Hoffman was a possibility, it would already have been done. It would also be a fireable offence for Lou Lamoriello.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Can't fix something that never existed in the first place.
He’s better off in Montreal being a ghost defensively. Trotz would nail him to the bench for that laziness. At that rate, they’re better off bringing up Panik who can play sound defense but can’t score.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I taught Isles were looking for consistent scoring threat instead of defensively sound player like they already have?

...They probably are, but I suspect they're also looking for a scoring threat that doesn't make Jonathan Drouin look like a Selke contender.

Reactions: DarthProbert

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I taught Isles were looking for consistent scoring threat instead of defensively sound player like they already have?
If the scoring threat is a major defensive liability, I can’t see the Islanders going near it unless we’re talking Ovi level scoring.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
There seems to be some talk about Anthony Beauvillier being moved to Montreal now, him being former's client of the new Montreal GM Kent Hughes.

What would be the ask coming from Islanders for this 24 years old averaging 20 goals and 18 assists over 82 games in his career who seems to play a sound defensive game?

I know he just signed a contract recently, but Islanders might be looking for some changes in their roster and maybe Beauvillier is just not developping into the player they taught he would?

What are Islanders need?

Would Christian Dvorak be of interest? Similar cap hit and offensive production, responsible defensive game, similar age. Maybe a small add from Montreal, like a B prospect or a 3rd round pick?
dude, will you please stop trading C's for wingers? Mtl isn't doing this and they're certainly not adding lol

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

What are Islanders need?

You think the Canadiens should trade a two-way center signed to a good deal in order to acquire a left winger? And you think maybe the Canadiens should add in order to do it?

This is idiotic.

Also... "There seems to be a lot of talk?" I haven't heard or read a single word about this.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad